Battle of Britain RAF Rescue launch Airfix 1/72

Started by neil foster · 35 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    neil foster said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Well I made a proper start on my BoB project by getting some paint on the hull, I think that's what nautical types call the fuselage dontcha know, first time I've produced a floater (No toilet humour please) since I was a kid but enjoying the change a lot...
    Cheers N.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 10 months ago:

As if we would Neil. (jokes on floaters)
    Well it looks like you have got off to a good start mate.

• Profile Photo

Splice me mainbrace and shivver me timbers ,me hearty Ha harr etc etc
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Neil, I think perhaps a little less Captain Morgan with your tea, mate..Arrrr...Arrrr...insert squawking parrot dialogue here...lol

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Now where's Roger the cabin boy, and all the other Captain Pugwash jokes?

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Captain Neil returns from a pillage:

• Profile Photo

Avast there ye landlubbers !?
    N.
    Thanks for that.

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Hi guys,wow I can hardley believe it's been three weeks since I last posted anything on my BoB project, well I have made progress as you can see but this build is a long way from finished as I am going to attempt the rigging including the complicated radio array ,though that may prove to be too much for my limited skills ,we'll see...

The second shot is a mock up and as you can see she is starting to look like a boat,in the third picture you will see I have painted up the crew figures and I think they turned out O.K. considering how tiny they are,I am developing a new interest in figure painting just lately.

Well that's it for now guys -Cheers N !

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Looking good Neil. Are those numbers on the deck painted on or decals? Either way it looks the business. Nice figures too.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Coming along nicely Neil. I'm with Gregor, how did you do the number on the deck,paint or decal? Either way it looks great.

• Profile Photo

PAINTED ON ?! I wish ,guys this is me you're talking too they are the kit decals but thanks for looking.
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 9 months ago:

So the lad with the big donut cushion is either Roger the Cabin Boy, or is in search of him..?
    😉

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Moving along here Neil. Is the finished piece going to be on a stand or in water?

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Looking good Neil mate.
    All ship shape I suppose?

• Profile Photo

I am going to make a couple of holes in the keel and insert glass rods and they will be inturn mounted in a wooden base maybe with a plaque if I'm feeling arty,Hey Simes thanks for looking ,yep ship shape and Bristol fashion old chum,gonna be away for a week starting Monday so I may be incommincado if tinternet connection is poor (or expensive!).
    N.