BoF/BoB Group Build Part 4- Gettinโ€™ In Gear.

Started by Seamus Boughe · 8 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I just overcame what I feel was the only real obstacle of this build so far and that is the kit's landing gear. It needed to be modified in three ways. The first was that to make the landing gear itself look more realistic/accurate. The second was get some resin four spoke wheels to fit. The third was to get the landing gear to fit the scratch-built wheel bay so that everything lined up properly. The latter being the most important. I am happy to say that everything is spot on. Now I can get to more panel line scribing and rivet removal.

10 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Seamus, you are just one "sick" dude, in a mad awesome scratch building skills kinda way, but still sick. ๐Ÿ™‚
    I was cleaning the mold seams off my Airfix Hurri's gear struts today. I think what you've done might be faster.
    I can't wait to see this build come together, it's like seeing a watch being built.

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Looking very impressive Seamus. What pressure are you going to run the tires at?
    Really looks good.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 9 years, 8 months ago:

That looks like you can retract them as well Seamus. Very impressive.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Beautiful work Seamus.

• Profile Photo
    Erich Goldbach said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Hey Seamus, Great looking work you've done so far, I too am looking forward to more of your build posts. I haven't had time to build for quite sometime, but the "Itch" to get back at the bench is strong...I'm thinking about digging out my 1:32nd scale 109 E 4/7 kit and finally finishing it for this group build.

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 9 years, 8 months ago:

This looks great. Much modeling skill & joy show through these pictures, which makes them a pleasure to look at.

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Thanks for all the kind comments lads. As complex as it may look, it was relatively simple to do. Just a lot of measuring, cutting, and dry fitting. My best modeling tool so far is patience and knowing when to walk away from the modeling bench.