Here we go!

A "Challenge in a Box"!

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Hi Ralph, i will watch this with interest, got the "Dora" 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years, 8 months ago:

The Stuka is an all time classic, Ralph, I'm sure it will turn out fine and you will have lots of fun building it.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Welcome aboard Ralph. I think you and I have the only Stukas in the group build.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Welcome Ralph, get subject, the kit comes with fret of pe. Cool, not familiar with this kit. Looks like a pretty good detailed model. Looking forward to your project

• Profile Photo
    Ralph Clements said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Thanks all, I have just scratched the surface, the first piece to go on is a little PE part that folds over the top of the instrument panel, that went on OK. Much pondering and and thought is going into how best to paint this thing and what colors to use.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Ralph;

How are things in the Old Dominion?

RLM 70/71/65, schwartzgrun./dunkelgrun/some kinda light blue underneath. (lichtblau)

The uppers are in a splinter pattern, which mimicks the european woods and meadows as seen from on high. The wheelpants are in the greens, also. The line for the underside color is low on the fuselage.

At the time of the BoB, I believe the cockpit interior was 02 gray with black boxes and instrument panel.

If you need a pattern for the uppers, I can probably help. 

Hals und beinbruch, as we say in Ireland.
  • Profile Photo
    Editor said 9 years, 8 months ago:

This is supposed to be a very nice kit! WIll be following this with interest /m

• Profile Photo

So far it is very nice, some progress has been made...after a mild panic last night when I thought I had lost one of the seatbelts after painting it. By golly the thing is so tiny, I couldn't see it - it was laying on the instructions, and lost in the writing and drawings in them.

I believe this same kit is offered by Tamiya, for a higher price but with accessory figures, a bomb loading cart and a couple of ground crew figures. I am not really into building dioramas and such so I opted for this kit.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looking good Ralph. Going to be interesting seeing the differences between the 4ish year old Italeri Stuka and the 34 year old Airfix Stuka. I'll go out on a limb and say "advantage Italeri".

• Profile Photo

Thanks Rick - I don't no about the old Airfix, but this Italeri is a nice kit. On to the challenging canopy frame. I closed up the cockpit and thought I'd get a picture of it before it gets covered up. Tweezers for scale-

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Are you going to pose the canopy open or closed? I yielded to a "double dog dare" to do an open canopy on the Airfix Stuka I'm working on. Haven't got that quite figured out yet..lol

• Profile Photo

Undecided on that, depends on how well it fits and how good I paint it. Same goes for the motor-

• Profile Photo
    Ralph Clements said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Motor...

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Looking good Ralph. You going to display the engine?