Welcome to iModeler's new Group Build!

Started by Editor · 62 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Editor said 9 years, 10 months ago:

The subject of iModelerโ€™s new group build are the pivotal battles of 1940 when the defeat of France and the succesful defense of Britain shaped the fate of Europe.

Interested in joining? Please start with posting a reply in this thread telling us what you'd like to contribute with. All air, land, sea, people subjects related to any side of the confict are welcome!

This group build is hosted by Seamus Boughe and will be running until 31 October 2014, the date officially regonized as the end of the Battle of Britan.

Group Build Rules.

• A work in progress thread should be opened in this group for each separate entry.
    • All members are eligible to participate.Start posting in this forum and you're in.
    • Multiple entries are permitted
    • Participants will receive regular email notifications about the activity in this group.
    • Remember the good nature and intent of the forum.
    • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
  • Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I totally have to build a Spitfire! (And a 1/48 Monogram He-111 if I can find one. One of the few "pretty" planes the Germans built.)

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Not only am I the moderator, I am also a participant. Count me in with a Revell 1/32 Hawker Hurricane Mk.I.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Great subject, as we keep to the WWII theme, though I am just about to complete a Mk1 Spitfire that would've fallen with in the BOB time frame. Now maybe I can see if I have a Bf-109, 110 or something along those lines available in my stash. I will see what I got and then announce my intentions soon after. I'm in.

Chuck

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Thanks for taking the bull by the horns Seamus. Now I need to decide what to build.

• Profile Photo
    Dmitry Stropalov said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I'm in (after finishing my current project) with Spitfire or Hurricane Mk.I (or Bf-109E if I'll find decals). But I have a question - build should be OOB or I can use aftermarket?

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Sounds good to me - count me in. I have a few options from the stash so i'll have a think before commiting to a subject, although I have a Ju87 in 1/48 thats a strong contender. May i suggest that as there will be plenty of Spitfires, Hurricanes and 109's that we try to portray them in diffrent markings/squadrons? Just a suggestion mind ๐Ÿ™‚

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I'm in ,Airfix RAF rescue launch, haven't done a floater in a long time if you know what I mean,more tea vicar ?
    N.

• Profile Photo

I might wait on the new Airfix Blenheim.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Got it today Al ๐Ÿ™‚ - really nice kit mate. I won't be building it for the BoB GB tho'...it comes with markings for a far east version & a Rumanian example.

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Although I am doing a Hurricane, I am still waiting for Airfix to release their 1/72 Dornier Do-17. If it comes out soon, I will add it to this group.

• Profile Photo

Good to hear the Blenheim is a nice kit Gregor. Didn't think about decals. Might have to switch. Doubt if anyone has some out in time.
    Did they do the engine cooling fins on this one?

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Although I am doing a Hurricane, I am still waiting for Airfix to release their 1/72 Dornier Do-17. If it comes out soon, I will add it to this group.

Should be a treat! Or the Airfix Blenheim for that matter - just released.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Seeing as how it's covering the time frame I was in favor of, I guess I have to participate...lol. Now all I have to do is figure out what to buy since I don't have anything for that period. Could be an excuse for a Matilda or Char...hmmmm

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 9 years, 10 months ago:

As stated under the original post by Seamus...I'll be a contributor on the 31st of October.