Welcome to iModeler's new Group Build!

Started by Editor · 62 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 9 years, 11 months ago:

@fuzzmann
    I don't buid (enough) armor, but I was myself into an Austin Tilly (Tamiya) abandoned at the beach, there are photos on the web showng flocks of these cars left behind at Dunkirk. Just an idea

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Al, i'll be doing a review on the new Airfix Blenheim shortly so i'll check for the cooling fins. There are after market decal sets out already, i've seen them on Hannant's website.

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Alright Gregster, which one you doing Mk1 or Mk4 ? can't wait to see either one of them
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Neil, its the mark 1. The mark 4 (all new tool) is coming out in September. I'll sort out some pics of the kit over the weekend and post up a review on Monday - time permitting πŸ™‚

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Thanks, the Tilly is an excellent idea. I've also found Xtradecal's Luftwaffe 1/48 scale Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary sheet, and may have found the excuse to do Bf-110 so I think I'm closing in on a subject now..maybe

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Site Administrator: I'm looking for ideas & was thinking about a truck or civilian auto of some type. Do you know what type of trucks or other soft skins they had at Dunkirk or would be appropriate for the time frame?

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 9 years, 11 months ago:

@aloisious
    Sorry for inadverently masquerading as @admin in the thread. I'm really too bad in vehicle recognition, but this google search suggests that literally anything that moved was used in the Dunkirk exodus. Actually mostly of lorries and civilian vehicles, tracked vehicles possibly being abandoned before reching the beaches.

I can see Tillies, Citroens, Matadors, and plenty of other machinery - help anyone?.

http://www.google.com/search?q=dunkirk+abandoned+vehicles&rlz=1C1CHMOsvSE526SE526&espv=2&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=y3itU4ngC6j9ygPZ-YCoDw&ved=0CDkQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=949#q=dunkirk+abandoned+vehicles&tbm=isch&imgdii=

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Al, Tamiya makes a Citroen that will fit the bill. they also make an Austin Tilly that would do quite well also. I believe both these kits can be had in 1/48 & 1/35 scale. Oh yeah, Tamiya also makes a Simca 5 car which also is appropriate for this group build. A Daimler Dingo would work also.

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Thanks for those links & the new group. I'll find something there. I think I have some Bedfords in my stash & maybe some other pieces.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Mahoney said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Ok I'm in - with either a 1/48 CR42 (Classic Airframes) or a 1/48 Potez 640 (Azur)
    anyone have a preference?

• Profile Photo

Wow! Two very unusual and little seen aircraft. I really cannot decide. Guess its up to you Paul.

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 9 years, 11 months ago:

What the heck...I'm in. Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk I. It's only about 50 or so parts - even I can do that!

• Profile Photo

Good on you Jaime! The Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk.i is one of my favorite kits and probably the best 1/48 Mk.I out there. That kit just falls together unlike a certain A-20 kit that I know of.

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 9 years, 11 months ago:

@feroc
    If you ask me, I'll vote for the Potez - very handsome-looking a/c that should be modeled more often πŸ™‚

• Profile Photo
    Nikola Pentić said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Yep, I'd love to see the Potez, too. Go with it.