D-Day Group build B-26C Marauder

Started by Jan Baranec · 40 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jan Baranec said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Hello guys, I want to share build of this beatufil bomber. It´s hasegawa kit 1:72.
    Aircraft will be in camouflage called ,,The Yankee Guerrilla" . At first I painted cockpit. I used black surfacer and than GSI colors (C351). Details was painted by vallejo color. At the end I used Brown wash from AK interactive. Photoetched´s belts by eduard zoom.

Honza

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Alan Rush said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Hello Jan. I had to read your description again to see that it is in 1/72. Great finishing job. the wash and highlighting give the right amount of use and wear to it. I like how the kit has the wing roots and bomb bay as one piece so it can be the central support in the fuselage. Looks like it will give some real strength to the model and help in attaching the wings. Don't know if I will participate in the group but will enjoy your photos as you proceed.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Really great start on this one. Looks fantastic so far. Keep us posted!

• Profile Photo
    Frank Cronin said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Jan,
    Looking real good. Can't wait to see it completed. I sure wish Hasagawa would upgrade this kit to 1/48. Or perhaps some other company do it in 1/48.

• Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Nice grimy look to the cockpit! It should look even better once all the parts are together! What is the exterior going to look like, painted or natural metal? (Where these even flying in bare metal by D-Day, or were they still camouflaged at that point?) Anyway, judging from the work in the cockpit, it should look killer when done!

• Profile Photo

Many thanks! Camouflage is typical olive green, neutral gray and black-white stripes.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Next report...Pratt & Whitney R-2800 engines from kit, GSI supermetallic SM04 a black tamiya wash

H.B.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Steven Davis said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Wow, that looks fantastic!

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Very, very nice 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Erich Goldbach said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Jan, the sub assemblies are looking really good- I especially like your work on the motors. Looking forward to future posts.

• Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 10 years, 1 month ago:

It looks like you're almost ready to join fuselage halves! How is the fit of this kit?

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 10 years ago:

Wow those engines look good Jan, 1/72 scale too.
    Looking forward to more updates.
    Simon.

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 10 years ago:

Looking good so far Jan, those stripes will be fun,doing the wings is easy enough but creating even stripes around a tapering fuselage is more of a challenge.
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Jan Baranec said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Hello guys, after my exams I have another report. Aircraft is ready to paint. Now I´m working on camouflage.

Honza

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Looking great. You have riveted it, haven't you? Quite impressive. Have you used the wheel, or some other tools?