D-Day Group build B-26C Marauder

Started by Jan Baranec · 40 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Editor said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I would also like to learn the weathering technique that you used on the bombs - looks just like something I'd need for my PRU Spitfire. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Keep up the good work

• Profile Photo
    Jan Baranec said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Yes, I riveted it. It wasnยดt easy because B-26 has lof of rivet lines. I use rivet wheel 0,55 mm manufactured by czech maker Dousek . Weathering on the bombs was made by brown oil color Abteilung 502.I used small piece of sponge and stippled on the bombs.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Frank Cronin said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Jan,
    What you have done so far is beautiful. Your detail for this scale is very impressive. I truly wish that Hasagawa would upgrade this superb kit to 1/48. Monograms 1/48 kit is good, warts and all, but it does not compare to this kit. I look forward to seeing the finished model.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Jan, amazing detail work in this scale, executed very well. Hasegawa has produced a pretty good kit of the Marauder, I have Airfix's older but good B-26B kit and Hase's B-26F/G kit as well. Your build is quite inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

Chuck

• Profile Photo

Thanks ! Propellers and undercarriage are finished. Dust on wheel was made by mig productions pigments. Neutral gray on the bottom surface of aircraft. Thatยดs all for this day.

Honza

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 9 years, 11 months ago:

The old Monogram 1/48 kit can be made to look as nice as this.

• Profile Photo

Olive drab is finished. I used GSI color, C38 on the base color and C304+C69+C44 for shading.

Honza

• Profile Photo
    Paul van Acker said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Very nice so far. It's a great looking airplane, for sure.
    Looking forward yo seeing it completed.

• Profile Photo

Invasion stripes step by step like a zebra. ๐Ÿ™‚

Honza

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 11 months ago:

That is looking really good Jan - i love the faded paintwork on the olive drab - excellent!

• Profile Photo

Thanks :). Decals from Kit-world set, Pin-up girl is on the both sides of the aircraft.

Honza

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Great Jan! Looks like you'll be ready for the deadline on Friday ๐Ÿ™‚ - very nice work.

• Profile Photo

B-26 is unmasked and after the wash now. I used migproductions - dark wash for oIive drab and mixture of black and faded gray oil colors abt.502 for neutral gray. Small scratches was made by small piece of sponge and very thin brush. I used acrylic wargamig silver color and for leading edge vallejo olive green.

Honza ๐Ÿ™‚

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 9 years, 11 months ago:

That's looking really great Jan,looking forward to Friday.
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 9 years, 11 months ago:

That's some incredible progress during the last three days! And clearly without compromising the quality of your work. Great work