D-Day Group Build Project Finished. 1/1 Scale C-47

Started by Seamus Boughe · 16 · 10 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 10 years ago:

For the consideration of my fellow imodelers. This is my finished project for the D-Day Group Build. It is the Tamiyagawa 1/1 C-47 which I purchased from e-bay for a mere $250,000.00 plus $3.50 postage and handling. The Tamiyagawa kit has over 10,000 parts and is a multimedia affair consisting of paper machete, play-doh, silly-putty, and marzipan. The fit was excellent and the parts responded well to my special adhesive made from pancake syrup & HP sauce and was painted using Benjman-Moore faded vegemite green #41. It scales out perfectly next to my Revellogram 1/1 P-47 Thunderbolt which I completed last year while working in a halfway house for girls who did not go all the way. With this project completed, I started on my Airfuxt 1/1 B-24. So far I only completed the gunners positions. Airfuxt has some really bad clear parts as can be seen in the turret shot, but it is nothing that a dip in some Future cannot cure. Still, I have to check my references to see if the version I am building had the red electric exit sign.

10 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    bob mack said 10 years ago:

fabulous work...looks like you could put a miniature pilot inside and fly it..great attention to detail...your a bad looking bugger...you'd scare vin diesel ...your a man buddy

• Profile Photo

That's right, I'm bad! Everyone knows that a real badass goes pumkin picking with his daughters. I'm not bad at all, I am your typical boy next door as long as you do not live next door to San Quentin State Prison.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

charming little family...your a good man...still bad...i'm a 35 year high steel ironworker...and a pretty good judge of horse flesh

• Profile Photo

A high steel ironworker? Now that is what I call bad. Wanna know what I do for a living (or what I did for a living before the US economy went south)? I am a Registered Nurse who specializes in Oncology & Medical/Surgical Nursing.

• Profile Photo

a mans job doesn't matter...all that means is we both wanted paychecks...i'll bet you know more MOH's went to medics than anybody...but i admire your humility...Br'er Fox...proud to know you...lifting a jim beam to you sir

• Profile Photo
    Alan Rush said 10 years ago:

Hi Seamus. Very realistic finish and weathering you did. Nice photos. Where did you see them? Pumpkins, planes and tanks. That place has it all.

• Profile Photo
    Ralph Clements said 10 years ago:

Wow! I was never that good with paper mache'...or creative writing either! excellent post which brightened my day - thanks for sharing.

Registered Nurse eh? I admire the heck out of anyone who can do that -

• Profile Photo
    Bryan W. Bernart said 10 years ago:

Seamus, you must have expanded your model room-my 1/48 example lives with wings plucked in my joint.
    Much respect for all nurses-had a two day stay in the local hospital last month, and they were glad to see me released...

• Profile Photo

Today I attended Noreastcon 43, a two day model show sponsered by the Long Island Plastic Modeler's Society. It was held at the World Airpower Museum which is located in Farmingdale (about ten minutes from home) at Republic Airport. Next to the airport is a shopping mall which was built on the ground where the Republic Aircraft factory used to be. If anyone is not familiar with the Republic Aircraft Factory, think P-47 Thunderbolt. That was where they were produced. The World Airpower Museum has a lot of flying examples of WWII aircraft including the C-47 I was posing around. The pumpkin patch is located further East on Long Island.

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 10 years ago:

Wow , your latest projects are up to your normal high standards, but I hope you can take a bit of constructive critiscm pal , those crew figures just don't look real to me, your losing your touch a bit ,(LOL).Looks like a great day out , your kids are cute as well,they obviously take after there mother !
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 10 years ago:

Seamus, Great post.
    It had me in stitches mate.
    Will have to look in to the Benjamin Moore Faded Vegemite Green.
    Does it spray OK, and what is it like on toast.?
    Nice kids there , you should be proud of them.

• Profile Photo
    Jack Mugan said 10 years ago:

I am glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor after completing those difficult projects under a deadline. Good luck with the "24". Thanks for sharing a bit of fun.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 10 years ago:

Seamus, excellent work especially on your two crew members, a bit under scale but very lifelike.
    One small issue, the rules state that you aren't supposed to post your finished project until June 6. However I suspect Dear Editior knows the golden rule about not upsetting the people who stick needles in you, so you are probably safe.. 😉

Great post, very funny and it looks like your girls where having almost as much fun as Daddy.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 10 years ago:

Entertaining reading, Seamus...perhaps you should consider photo- journalism as a "retirement" job. Looks like a airplane lover's dream place to visit - great pics...thanks.