Welcome to the D-Day Group Build! – Read This

Started by Editor · 50 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    neil foster said 10 years, 2 months ago:

God bless him !,I regularly chat with an old Geezer the same age as your dad who was a radio operator on Lancasters, it's a real privelidge .
    Glad your in Tom.
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Having run across a special deal at the LHS of the old (1967 by the copyright pressed inside the wing) 1/48 Monogram Typhoon for US$9.95 (currently goes for $16.95), I shall do the unsung "iconic D-Day airplane" of the "triumvirate" (the other two being the P-47 and the C-47). Kit decals are best put out of their misery humanely, so I shall piece together markings for some airplane out of the Osprey Typhoon/Tempest book going through the prisoners on the lower level of the decal dungeon. Scratchbuilding definitely necessary to give some detail to the cockpit and get the RP fins right, at a minimum, but nothing radical. Definitely finally put to use the Falcon vac canopy in the "RAF Collection" release.

• Profile Photo

Welcome aboard Tom ,looking forward to that Typhoon.
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Joe Caputo said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Neil, Must the subject be a current build ? Must it be an aircraft ?

• Profile Photo
    Dmitry Stropalov said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I will take part in Group Build with Hellcat Mk.I (British Fleet Air Arm), HobbyBoss 1/48 kit. This kit is not expensive and looks good.

• Profile Photo

Hi Joe ,sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by current build ,it's supposed to be an un-started kit so you can show your work in progress as you go along ,hope that helps ,secondly no it doesn't have to be aircraft it can be anything you want in any scale and from either side so you could choose from Aircraft, Armour ,Amphibious vehicles and the British navy was involved of course and there were trucks and jeeps as well , why not have some fun and use it as reason to do something you wouldn't normaly try ,just have FUN !

Hello Dmitry Mk.1 Helcat sounds great.

Cheers N.

• Profile Photo
    Gary Jordan said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Ok, count me in. So many birds I guess I'ii have to do something for the grunts . I've got a couple of ideas a Jeep or maybe a half track . Hmmmm . U.S. Or German , I got both !

• Profile Photo

Welcome aboard Gary,yes ! all your suggestions sound interesting, you can have as many entries as you like don't forget.
    N.

• Profile Photo

Sorry Neil, I didn't understand that it had to be a new build, with in progress photos. I was just trying to add to the numbers, nothing else. I have several models, on my shelf, that are D-Day oriented. I'll refrain from posting them here, in the spirit of things.

• Profile Photo

Hey Joe ,why not get involved pal.
    N.

• Profile Photo

Sure Neil, I'll see what I can come up with.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Not much armour proposed so far, so i'll stick my neck out and put myself down for a Tiger II. I found a 1/72 airfix in the stash with an option for a Normandy Tiger with the porche turret. Will post up a thread in WIP tomorrow with some pics.

• Profile Photo

Nice one Greg, if I get the glider done in plenty of time I might stick in a Sherman to go with it,but that's a big if.
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard Wylie said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I'm in.
    I think I'll do the Accurate Miniatures Fw-190A-8, "Josef Priller on D-Day", it will have after market (but correct) decals as the kit decals were not included when I bought it on eBay.

• Profile Photo

Welcome aboard Bernard.
    N.