Getting more focus on the groups!

Started by Magnus Fridsell · 8 · 10 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Magnus Fridsell said 10 years, 9 months ago:

One simple suggestion for leading more visitors to the groups:

Move the "Activity"-tab one step left so that it is next to the "Headlines"-tab and give them a different colour. "Headlines" and "Activity" are in my opinion the two best ways of reading Imodeler, one will (quite obviously) give you the headlines and the other one will summarize recent activity in the forums. I have a nagging suspicion that very few visitors venture beyond "Headlines"...

Regards

Magnus

• Profile Photo
    said 10 years, 9 months ago:

I have to agree with Magnus. It appears that groups is less utilised than headlines, which is apity because theres been some great articles or topics on there that have petered out due to an apparent lack of feed back or interest:(

• Profile Photo

Gregor! Thanks for supporting!

Magnus

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 10 years, 9 months ago:

OK. Thanks for the input. I'll start by swapping the Activity and Group navigation tabs.
    By the way, is there a better name for the "Activity" tab - it feels a bit dry to me.

• Profile Photo

The obvious way to get people to click on it would probable be "What's new" 🙂 !

Will you do a repaint of the two tabs as well? I might have some spare pink left over from one of my daughter's latest hobby projects if your'e out of suitable paint... 🙂

Regards

Magnus

• Profile Photo
    said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Sounds good to me! It will be intersting to see if this leads to more use of the groups pages. Personally i check everything not just headlines, as we can't all be churning out loads of models every week. Here's hoping...:)

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Spot on, Magnus! Changing "Activity" to "Whats New" is a very good idea. I would like to suggest that "Members" be re-titled "Members Gallery".

• Profile Photo
    Paul Wilsford said 10 years, 9 months ago:

I am not trying to hijack this thread but would it be possible to make the photos in any display
    be able go to next photo? As for the aforementioned improvements I would nave to concur.