I can't add a new article in headlines

Started by George Williams · 7 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Hi Martin, I've been trying to post a new article in headlines this morning, but when I click on 'add new article' nothing happens. I've tried logging out and logging back in but still no luck. Any ideas?
    Thanks for your help
    George

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Hi, George...I don't think it's the site - I just clicked on "add new article" and the appropriate screen appeared (I didn't actually try TO add an article, though). Maybe the Chinese are hacking websites again ...oh, wait - that was North Korea. 🙁

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Hi George, this is nothing that we've noticed on this end. If the "New article" form isn't opening at all, that has probably more to do with your browser's ability to run scripts (Javascript to be exact this is a feature which may have "crashed" in your browser). I'd suggest restarting your device and giving it another try.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks for your reply, but I've still got the same problem. When I click on 'add a new article" the header changes to '#edit" but nothing happens. I get the same result on both my computers at home. I realise it's only affecting me, but if you can give me any more ideas on how to solve it I would be very grateful. I've just noticed that I am also unable to add images to this post.
    Thanks again
    George

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Hey George,I've done a masters degree in clever computer stuff ,have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again ,apart from that I haven't a clue... 🙂
    Your pal N.

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Sometimes I try slamming it shut and shouting and swearing for a bit but if I'm honest that's never really worked...sorry .N

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 2 months ago:

George if you have not done so yet I'd suggest you find a totally independent computor than yours to try on. Yours could be linked somehow. If you have the same results on another system I'd be highly suspicious of your landlords.