iModeler slower today

Started by Site Administrator · 19 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 9 years ago:

We are currently experiencing longer response times at iModeler, meaning you may percieve the site as being rather slow.

We are currently investigating the cause on the server side.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years ago:

OK Martin, just thought it was this end.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 9 years ago:

I've experienced this somewhat in the past from time to time as well. I noticed the "karma points" display is no longer there...have you done away with that aspect or is it part of this latest "glitch"?

• Profile Photo

The karma points widget has been disabled for now o aid our testing.

• Profile Photo
    California Steve said 9 years ago:

I'm melting... ! OK ill be cool. I hope everything gets up and running.. The best site ever.
    California Steve

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 9 years ago:

No Craig, you've got to start over from scratch...

• Profile Photo

OH NO...! 🙁 🙁 (...and I was leading, too).

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years ago:

I've been suffering this problem for the past couple of months, along with still not being able to post a new article. When I click on post the header goes to /edit.

Also, logging in takes a long time and often when I want to make a comment I get a message like this: ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED back arrowing, or refreshing sometimes gets rid of this, but, generally, using iModeler is very frustrating at the moment!

• Profile Photo

Martin...do you have any time frame expected for the "testing" period?

• Profile Photo

Hello,
    Based on our measurements, the latency problem has been removed which should result in a markedly snappier browsing experience at iModeler. And -- the Karma widget is back.

• Profile Photo

George,

Judging from the error message (ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED - thanks for this useful info) there's some trouble with the Javascript on your browser, which may depend on some residual data from prevous visits that somehow got corrupted. What kind of device / Browser are your using?

Chrome:
    http://cgullworld.blogspot.se/2013/03/how-to-fix-chrome-browser-error-error.html

This error shows up once in a while in Chrome browser:
    "Error 15 (net::ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED)"

To fix this error just go to “Tools” --> “Clear Browsing Data” and select the cache and cookies. After which the website opens without a problem.

Lasse Heindorff Kristiansen: For anyone Googling this later, so they will find the answer immediately:

1. Close whatever tabs you have open/save whatever needs to be saved, since Chrome might kill any open connections and/or crash.
    2. Open a tab in Chrome and copy this into the address field: chrome://net-internals
    3. Click the "Sockets" tab
    4. Click "Close idle sockets" + "Flush socket pools"
  • Profile Photo

...and now the karma widget is gone again.

• Profile Photo

Observant, but not for long - now everything should be working as advertised!

• Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 9 years ago:

I haven't had this problem logging on George, but since I haven't posted any articles in a while, the other problems might have been invisible to me as it seems to be normal on my machine. "Take one red pill, in ten minutes take one more. Help is on the way."

• Profile Photo

Dunno whatcha did, but it sure is faster now - thanks.