iModeler update: New features in version 1.01

Started by Site Administrator · 6 · 8 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Today we have completed a comprehensive upgrade of the iModeler framework software to version 1.01. This update brings a number of improvements across the site.

• Database-side performance improvements should result in overall snappier response times
    • Revised site jumbotron with registration options (non-logged in users only)
    • New "busy" icons, bug fixes
    • Revised A-Z Index page
    • Possibility for members to moderate other users from interacting with their posts
    • Improvements to pagination links
    • Minor layout improvements on all tabs
    • Tons of under-the-hood improvements

Enjoy

• Profile Photo
    California Steve said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Thanks for the tuneup. I know it is a lot of work, but really appreciated.
    California Steve

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 8 years, 11 months ago:

I can only echo what Steve said. One thing, though...the "add friend" / "friendship request" / "cancel friendship" function(s) seemed to have been deleted (?)

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 8 years, 11 months ago:

We have removed "Add friend" buttons from the member directory pages.
    You'd need to click on a particular member's profile to make friends...

Feel free to give me more feedback on this change.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Yeah...I knew the "other way" to to do it - now one just has to keep track of new members (which is why I leave that particular option on "newly registered"). I like to use the 'add friend' function whenever I see a new addition - that way they know that they were recognized as a recent member and will feel welcome.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 8 years, 11 months ago:

I'm sure all users really appreciate your hard work and continuing efforts to maintain and improve iModeler, I know I do, it has added a lot of interest and enjoyment to my hobby. But (I'm sorry to have a 'but') I'm still unable to add a new article, when I try the header changes to http://imodeler.com/#edit. In my frustration I've asked my good friend Craig to post a new article for me, preferably using my username and log in. So, first, please can you suggest a solution to this problem, or second, do you have any objection to Craig posting articles for me?

Thanks again

George