Is it possible to move an article?

Started by Robert Aspinall · 7 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Robert Aspinall said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Hi,
    I have an article which I think would be better placed in the In Progress group. Is it possible to move it?
    Thanks,
    Rob.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 9 years, 4 months ago:

I don't think you can "move" it, but you can delete it and re-post it where you want it. I'd 'copy & paste' the narrative, though...might save you some time.

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Craig's right. Once it's posted you can only edit or delete it. I had to do that recently myself when I first posted a WIP diorama thread under Aircraft before I noticed a WIP Diorama category was available in its own right on the following page.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Aspinall said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Thanks Gents. I had considered that but was hoping to preserve the replies. I'll follow your advice.
    Thanks again,
    Rob.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 9 years, 4 months ago:

If you want to 'preserve the replies', just leave it where it is with an addendum as to where it can also be seen and simply re-post in the appropriate forum you wish. I doubt Martin will object to having it in two places.

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Agree with all the replies above. Regrettably there are no easy means of moving the articles around between groups. Our future development plans include such function; in contrast, turning a group topic into a headline article is a bit more complex will probably not be supported in any near future.

In the meantime, copying and pasting is the way to go.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 9 years, 3 months ago:

To me, it would be advantageous to have the capability to add photos to the reply section of comments posted under the headline format. Perhaps you could include that function in the future. Thanks.