Karma point(s)....

Started by Craig Abrahamson · 6 · 11 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 11 years, 6 months ago:

OK...I'll be the first to ask - exactly what is/are "Karma" point. Is it based upon how often you're on the forum(s), how many models you post, how many 'friends' you've got, all of the above, none of the above...what?

• Profile Photo
    Magnus Fridsell said 11 years, 6 months ago:

It is based on your activities, some are worth more than others. And you can even get a deduction, if you edit a post you'll lose five points. Rather contra-productive when it comes to correcting spelling mistakes 🙂 !

Under the red "My Stuff"-tab you'll find a Karma-button, if you press that one you will see your karma point history.

I'll have lunch with Martin on Tuesday, I'll check if I can trade in some of my points for a free lunch then and I'll let you all know if it is possible 🙂 !

Regards

Magnus

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 11 years, 6 months ago:

Karma points is the way to reflect your total level of activity at the site throughout your membership. Generally, karma points are added when you keep adding things to the community. Different actions give different amount of points. In time, you will see that long-term members which are active will gather more karma than users who are active only occasionally.

At this stage the system is still at a bit experimental and therefore I'm afraid not very well calibrated. Also, we might be looking for a better name...

• Profile Photo

I guess that answers the lunch question as well... There is no such thing sa free lunch. Even if you have collected loads of Karma-points... 🙂

Magnus

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 11 years, 6 months ago:

I don't see a "Karma Button" under the 'My Stuff' tab, Magnus...all I see is a pale yellow box on the left side with a "..Your Karma Points.." total. I can see what my history is/was, but no button specific to that end. No matter - ..."Instant karma's gonna get you...".(remember)?

• Profile Photo

In my profile, it looks like in the photo below.

/M

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.