[Problem] Keep track on answers to comments on posts of someone else

Started by Alfred van Paaschen · 12 · 10 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Alfred van Paaschen said 11 months, 4 weeks ago:

Maybe this has been asked before, but I’m struggling to find an answer …
    When I write a comment or question on the post of a fellow modeler it would be nice to get notified of a reaction of this fellow modeler by the system.
    Only if the reaction includes a mention of my name I get notified as result of my notification settings, if not it’s very hard to keep track.
    Tips or tricks are welcome.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 4 weeks ago:

Hi my friend @alfred!

If you are not mentioned in the fellow modeler's answer, you may be sort of "notified" by email, if you have selected this option (where you are notified for everyone's posting at the threads you have commented). So, in your fellow modeler's specific thread you have commented, if he answers to you (in fact, his "answer" will be a posting in his thread), you will see it in your email as a notification, then hit the hyperlink and go to the posting.

• Profile Photo

Hi Spiros, thanks for your answer. I’m afraid I do not understand which specific e-mail notification setting you refer to. They are practically all on currently.
    Maybe you can send me a screenshot of your settings?
    Thanks in advance. @fiveten

• Profile Photo

Hi my friend @alfred!
    Try going to the group you are interested in, go to Preferences and select All Email

• Profile Photo

Maybe I was not clear enough.
    Let me explain.
    When you post a new article it doesn’t go to a specific group, does it?
    So, when I react on an article of someone else how can I be notified of an answer of the original publisher?
    Hope this helps @fiveten

• Profile Photo

Ah, ok! Indeed, , an article goes to the headlines, my friend@alfred. Normally, if you select the full email option on the main menu, you should be notified by email when a member replies to one of your comments...

• Profile Photo

Thanks Spiros.
    Both radio-buttons for activity were already set to “on”.
    Still think I missed out on some replies.
    Maybe a tiny glitch in the system? Anyway, the settings are correct. Thanks for confirming this.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

Not sure if such thing had also happened to me in the past, @alfred. Maybe @techsupport could address it?

• Profile Photo
    Alfred van Paaschen said 11 months, 3 weeks ago:

I’m pretty sure I was not notified of the answer of Tim T yesterday. See pic below.
    Any clue @techsupport ?

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Alfred van Paaschen said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

Anyone else experiencing this particular problem?
    I find it very hard to keep track on answers given to my questions in other people’s headline posts.
    The way I do this currently is browsing through my activities every now and then to see if there’s an answer in the particular headline posts.
    A bit cumbersome though.

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

@alfred this is indeed a problem, unless somebody @mentions you specifically in their reply.
    I'll put it into my backlog and will see if I can do something about it

• Profile Photo
    Alfred van Paaschen said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

Thanks so much for your answer @techsupport
    Would be great if you could fix this over time.
    I’m sure it’ll make a lot of iModelers even more happy with this wonderful platform!