No images

Started by AL HOFFMAN · 12 · 10 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 10 years, 3 months ago:

hi Martin, just made a post as "Model Police" & don't see my images. Please help.
    Thanks, Al

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 10 years, 3 months ago:

We're currently experiencing problems with image uploading. Things are a bit our of the ordinary as everything worked fine up until yesterday, and as far as we can see, there were no changes in the code.

The erratic behavior is that when posting a new article, the SAVE button will engage, but then fails to register the uploaded images... leaving you stuck in the editor mode even though the article text get saved as requested.

This is of course very annoying to all, and we're working to localize the source of the problem.

Possible workarounds that you could try:

1. Get back to the Headlines tab, open your image-less article, hit the EDIT button, re-upload images and then hit SAVE again. Works for me currently.

2. If you happen to have saved multiple copies of your text, re-open them and use the DELETE button to remove.

Please continue reporting any problems and observations to @admin. Thank you.

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 10 years, 3 months ago:

That worked, thanks.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Bausch said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Martin,

I was having trouble with images also, but I tried your work around, and it worked! Thanks,

Robert Bausch

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Al, Robert,
    Thanks for this and glad to hear that we have a way to work around the problem.

Right now on my end, we're happy to be able to "replicate" the error, but are still looking for the cause...

• Profile Photo
    Mike Maynard said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Bravo Zulu to the Site guru, he caught the problem right away, (as in my case), and has attempted to solve the problem. And the Editor-in-chief is on the case also, very encourging! Good luck in the solving of the problem, it's appreciated.

Mike M.

• Profile Photo

UPDATE 2014-02-06

We were able to localize to cause of the error, and it seems to be unique to posting new articles - NOT updating existing ones, comments or the Groups area.

Partial fix today is that the user will no longer get "stuck" in the edit form when pressing the Save button. However, the system still fails to include any uploaded images in new articles.

Workaround: Advice to the users is to post an article, then hit the "EDIT" button and re-upload appropriate images.

Search continues until we find a satisfactory solution to the issue.
    Hope this helps for the time being

• Profile Photo

RESOLVED 2014-02-07

After one of the hardest debugging sessions we've had to date, this issue seems to have been resolved.

The problem ocurred when a recent partial software update caused an unlikely conflict between two plugins responsible for displaying the content and refactoring it to social media respectively.

This had nothing to do with the image slideshow function, which was introduced at the same time and thus initially became our prime suspect in this matter.

Thanks everyone for your patience. Happy posting!

• Profile Photo
    Joe Caputo said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Martin, Just letting you know that after I posted, no pictures showed up. I had to go back in and hit "edit", then add the pictures again. The 2nd time, the pics were there.

• Profile Photo

Hmm. In this case it would seem that we're not done yet. Will have another look into this.

• Profile Photo
    Bryan W. Bernart said 10 years, 3 months ago:

They're baaaack!

• Profile Photo

RESOLVED 2014-02-09

We've had another look at this now. Joe's ( @konda24 ) problem turned out to be related to some oustanding cleanup that we missed to do yesterday, fixed now.

Today we have also modified the save-article functionality so that the system takes care of all image attachments before the article status is actually set to "published". This should reduce the chance of failure in case of any future plugin mishaps, and also allow for easier recovery from the admin side.

Once again, thanks for everyone's patience.
    Hope that it is finally time to wish "Happy posting", but don't forget to let us know if there are any outstanding issues 🙂