Problem accessing iModeler in the US

Started by Site Administrator · 3 · 10 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 10 years ago:

During the last 2 days, serveral users in the US have reported problems with accessing the imodeler website. The way it manifests itself is that the browser can’t make the connection to the site, timing out with an error message like "can’t connect".

First, if your experience this, the problem is NOT on your end.

According to the information from our hosting provider:

There is currently a problem with certain people from the USA not being able to see websites hosted on our servers because one of the USA's biggest providers (Comcast) have blocked an IP address belonging to our hosting infrastructure. We are currently working with Comcast to get this unblocked. This is only a temporary issue.

This explains why the issue has affected only some users, while being unnoticed by others.

If you are affected, you don't need to do anything but wait. We're working to find a fix to this ASAP.

Regards,
    /Martin

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 10 years ago:

Just received a message from our tech support that they have implemented what should be a workaround. Due to the nature of DNS changes, it can take up to 24 hours for this to take effect worldwide, but in any case, help is underway.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Bausch said 10 years ago:

Martin,

Many thanks for your posting, that explains why I couldn't access iModeler for a day or so.

Leave it to Comcast to screw things up! They are my ISP, and I sure have had my troubles with them, from time to time. "Better the Devil you know" I guess has been my philosophy, whether that's right or not!

I am able to get on iModeler now, so I guess they have fixed it. Again, thanks for your help.

All the best,

Robert Bausch