Problems with uploading photos

Started by George Williams · 35 · 6 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

Hi Martin (@editor): Here are a few I have posted recently. Thanks for working on this problem. These all uploaded fine as long as I don't upload more than 2 at a time. They were taken on my iPhone, downloaded to my laptop (Microsoft) and then uploaded to iModeler. I consistently lose photos on Headlines, but I won't have anything to post there for a while.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

Hi Martin @editor, I’m away on holiday and have nothing new to post, but are a few snaps taken on my iPhone 12, they seem to have uploaded in one hit. Hope this helps.

12 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

Hi Martin @editor, I just tried to post some more, they seemed to upload OK but when I tried to post the reply I got this message.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 7 months, 3 weeks ago:

@chinesegeorge, thank you for posting this. Using my new logs, I was able to follow this up in exactly. I can see that your browser has first uploaded 12 (Bugatti) pictures and than saved the forum post. This was executed without a glitch and altogether in just under 3 seconds, which is great.

After that you have successfully uploaded ca.10 pictures which processed fine. But the server has no trace of "Save" request on the post. Not that it went wrong - it was never received/processed server-side.

The message that appeared in your browser does not come from iModeler, but from the Safari browser.

The "Cannot Parse Response" error in Safari, especially on iOS, is often seen when the server sends an unexpected response format or when there's a network interruption. As there was no response from the server, network interruption or patchy communications of some kind appears rather likely in this case.

I have found this read about possible garble in Safari that may be causing this. Not sure how relevant this is, but might be worth checking.
    https://appuals.com/cannot-parse-response-safari/

I will, however, double-check the Javascript behind the "Save" button to see how it sends/handles save requests. For sure, it should not simply close the form unless the save operation has been confirmed as successful.

• Profile Photo
    Mark Polles(Miggers) said 6 months ago:

Gents,all my photos are uploaded to Postimage,could I not use the "share" feature on Postimage and post the links so that the pictures appear in my posts but are still on Postimage rather than uploaded to iModeller?
    Doing that saves your bandwidth,space on my PC(I'll have to download them from Postimage to re-upload them to iModeler)and time.
    Your help is greatly appreciated.

Miggs