Unable to upload pics

Started by · 4 · 10 years ago · help, Problems with uploads
  • Profile Photo
    said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Hi,

Tried adding a new article today but the system wouldn,t take my images?! Used exactly the same approach for my previous articles and worked fine. Any suggestions?

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 10 years, 9 months ago:

I think we may have had a bug in the upload functionality that would manifest itself occasionally (but not always) when uploading large files, such as images directly off your camera. The upload would go ok, but then the receiving script would would run out of the available memory when resizing the uploaded image, resulting in the error message "Error -Empty file upload result".

Hope that this makes sense in your case. We have now installed a fix that hopefully provides a solution to this problem. Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Profile Photo
    Joe Caputo said 10 years, 9 months ago:

I keep getting this reply:

latest 2012 builds 5-27 030.JPG
    931.97 KB
    Error: TypeError: Unable to get property 'text' of undefined or null reference

I have no idea what it means, or how to correct it.

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Joe,

Never encountered this message either. I've googled it up but it yielded no additional clues, except for the notion that the message seems to comes from a Javascript error on the upload page.

I reckon that simply reloading the page and re-uploading does not make the error go away? And, have you ever encountred it with another image file?
    Lastly, which browser are you using?

Thanks for taking the time to report this.