Using BBCode in your posts

Started by Site Administrator · 7 · 11 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 11 years, 6 months ago:

A common user request during our earlier tests has been adding support for BBCode for formatting group posts, articles etc. BBCode is commonly used as formatting markup in other popular forums such as PHPBB.

Example BBCode-formatted line

I'm now working on including the support for BBCode across the entire iModeler site - in articles, comments, groups and activity stream.

This thread is started for test purposes - and to keep you informed what's going on...

• Profile Photo

This is a test input sent to us by @magnusf and pasted in this post "as is", with images referenced as BBCode tags.

I know, I should finish my Focke-Wulfs but this doesn’t seem to happen and it is better that I build a Mustang than nothing, isn’t it? I picked up the new Airfix 1/72 Mustang last Friday and I intend to build it as a Swedish J 26. ”Blue N” was one of a pair of D-Mustangs that were painted in traditional Swedish green and grey as an experiment, the rest of them (150+) remained in natural metal.

According to legend, ”Blue N” was among the fastest Mustangs in the Air Force. The experimental paint scheme weathered badly and the aircraft soon got a quite beat-up appearance. Its regular pilot carefully kept it that way so that higher rank pilots should keep their hands off it!

Boxart: one marking alternative from ”Tuskegee Airmen”.

Plastic is very nice without being exceptional. This is not Hasegawa or Tamiya but it is still good and I am quite content with that!

A bit of glueing and fitting: parts fit well! There are two sets of flaps, one up and one down – and both of them fit very well! Something Hasegawa never has managed…

After a bit of painting…

:-H

• Profile Photo
    Magnus Fridsell said 11 years, 6 months ago:

Looks lovely!

The last few characters are a waveing smiley that I use over at Aeroscale, hardly a necessary thing to implement!

Regards

Magnus

• Profile Photo

Good to hear that! I'm still in the early test of this, but it looks promising. Let's try the entire BBCodes lot:

Bold: bold
    Italics: italics
    Underline: underline
    URL: http://imodeler.com/ iModeler
    Image:

Quotes:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit,
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Color: named red hex red hex red again
    Strikeout:striked this out
    Center:
    center me

Code:10 GOTO 10
    Font size: 10px font size
    Ordered lists:
    1. List item

Unordered lists:
    • List item

Named Spoiler:

Spoiler...

four

Unnamed Spoiler:

Spoiler...

Boo!

• Profile Photo
    Magnus Fridsell said 11 years, 6 months ago:

@admin !

Here's another one that is needed, for url!

At the same time as I bought the Mustang I also picked up another one of Airfix´s latest offerings, the Spitfire 22

Oooops! Already working, I must have messed up something!

/M

• Profile Photo
    Thomas Lund said 11 years, 6 months ago:

What was the code/format for including the images in the middle of the text.

In my own post over in Prop Aviation i tried to add direct link from photobucket. They did show up, but were distorted/stretched.

• Profile Photo

@thlund,

The code is [picnn], where nn is the number of your uploaded picture.
    See detailed explanation in this thread:

http://imodeler.com/groups/help-to-improve-imodeler/forum/topic/deciding-what-photo-to-show-as-main-photo/