Fingers crossed!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Just joined, Rick @fuzzmann!
    Good luck with your attempt!

• Profile Photo
    Aleksandar Sekularac said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Hello Rick, @fuzzmann
    did you apply any primer to your model before spraying the coat of blue paint? I'd expect this to help with problems you've encountered with attempts # 1, 2 and 3.
    All the best,
    Aleks

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Hi Aleks,
    Yes, the first two tries were applied over Tamiya Fine Grey Spray Primer which I had used with success with Mission Models Paint before. I was quite surprised that the Gloss Blue Sea Blue wouldn’t adhere, as I had had no problems using MMP’s Flat Colors.
    My first try with MRP GSB (#3) was also my first time using that brand of paint and I discovered that using it was similar to using a metalizer in that it showed every flaw, and that a consistent undercoat gave the best result.

• Profile Photo
    Aleksandar Sekularac said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Hmm, that is indeed strange. Tamiya's FGP is one of my goto-s as well.
    The only other reason that I can think of is if there was some grease on the surface of the primed model due to handling.
    Anyway, it seems that you nailed it now. Those MRP coats look very good!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Hey Rick, @fuzzmann
    My 1/48 Monogram "Bridges of Toko Ri" F9F Panther jet has fought me every step of the way too. I had to strip mine down too, removing the paint AND the filler work accidentally, when my paint job was an epic failure. It's almost done now, I'm just hesitant to get bitten again... Hang in there buddy, don't give up.

I'll finish mine if you finish yours... Deal ? Don't toss it buddy...

• Profile Photo

Hi Alex @asekular
    Before this coat, I airbrushed the entire model with Tamiya AS-12 Bare Metal Silver then masked off the walkways and leading edges.

• Profile Photo

Hey Louis @lgardner
    I knew you’d had to do a couple of repaints but I figured you had finished yours by now.
    I’ll keep flogging this dead horse and see if I can drag it across the finish line.
    I’m going to unmask it tomorrow, and if that goes ok then it’s on to the decals which has its own perils.

• Profile Photo

Okay, success! Little bit of touching up, then on to the decals and final assembly. Fingers crossed, touch wood etc..lol

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Happy to see the flogging gave good results -yiihah. . . .