• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Looks amazing, Chuck @uscusn

• Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Moving forward! Looking good! @uscusn

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Exhausts look great, Chuck (@uscusn). Once the cockpit is in, it always seems like things move faster.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 10 months ago:

Thanks Spiros, nice straight forward build, nice change of pace with some of the tough challenges currently in progress.
    Shipmate Rob, thanks, have a Fine Navy day.
    Thanks John, progress is quick on these fun to build Hase kits of this generation.
    Thanks Gary, steady progress.
    Thanks George, that is correct on this kit. Fun to build with enough details for a fine replica of the Hellcat.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 10 months ago:

A quick update as there is not much left as we draw closer to masking and painting. Will assemble the drop tank.

The Hellcat carried a distinctive center mounted drop tank, supported with a pair of straps.

The tank assembles with just 2 halves. The design of the tank has a ridge that is dead center from tip to tail which eliminates the need to fill a seam. The braces are next and cemented in place on top of the tank.

Next the straps are carefully removed from the sprue. Trimmed and the pair attached in place under the tank,That completes the drop tank.

Next the canopy is carefully removed and installed. Typical Hase quality of a crystal clear canopy.

Next up clean the seams, some rescribing and mask off the windscreen and canopy.

more to follow...

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months ago:

Great job on the drop tank and transparencies, my friend @uscusn!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months ago:

Nice work on the droptank and canopy, Chuck @uscusn

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 10 months ago:

Chuck A. Villanueva (@uscusn)
    Outstanding work shown here my friend. Keep it coming !

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 8 months, 1 week ago:

Thanks for the input Spiros & John, appreciate you guys. Getting to the final stages.
    Thanks Louis, once the canopy is on, masking and prep for painting.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 8 months, 1 week ago:

A quick update, after a long hiatus. First some Molotow Chrome into the landing light well,and then install the lens and mask.

Using Eduards masking set to mask of the clear canopy.

Finally to paint exposed framing the Interior color in this case Interior Green.

Next up pre shading, and prepare for paint.
    More to follow

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 8 months, 1 week ago:

Solid progress and great looks, my friend @uscusn!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 8 months, 1 week ago:

Very nice work done, Chuck @uscusn

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 8 months, 1 week ago:

@uscusn
    I tell ya, these Hasegawa F6F's are still a nice building kit. They have just enough detail and none of the extras that are really not needed. They build up really fast and look good once completed. You are well on your way...

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 7 months, 4 weeks ago:

Thanks Spiros and John, these Hase Hellcats are fun to build and just the right amount of detail gives you a very nice model. The only issue, though not a deal breaker is the cowl is a bit off. Otherwise not noticeable to me.
    Thanks Louis, yes they are. Very easy to build.