Vought OS2U Kingfisher - Monogram 1/48

Started by George R Blair Jr · 246 · 8 months ago · 1/48, Jim Sullivan Group, Monogram, Vought OS2U Kingfisher
  • Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

I agree with JvB. And sometimes what feels like backward steps actually are forward progress in the long term.
    Glad you had a good time with the G'daughter. Those are never steps backwards.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Thanks, John (@johnb) and Gary (@gwskat). I think that this is one of those kits that crawls along, and then suddenly everything comes together and starts moving quickly. You are right, Gary, time with Evie is always good time.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

@gblair - The interior looks fantastic George!

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Brian (@brithebuilder). The detail is pretty amazing on this elderly resin set. The 3D printed set I got for my next Kingfisher is even more detailed. Gotta get my trifocals warmed up for that.

• Profile Photo

I got a little more progress on mating the cockpit(s) and the fuselage. I am still using white glue to temp glue everything together. Once everything is where it needs to be, I will reinforce with some superglue. Front cockpit done and glued into the right side of the fuselage, rear cockpit tomorrow. Cheers.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Rob Anderson said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Excellent!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Excellent so far, my friend @gblair!

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Rob (@robertandy) and Spiros (@fiveten). So far, so good.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Really nice progress, George @gblair
    The interior looks very realistic.

• Profile Photo

Thanks, John (@johnb). Looking forward to your Mirage.

• Profile Photo

I worked some more to get everything prepped to bring all of the resin and plastic together. I glued the aft cockpit in place with white glue and let it dry for about 6 hours. The wing center section requires some major surgery so that it will fit in-between the resin forward and rear cockpits. I am trying to be slow and deliberate here because I am now doing things that can't be undone.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Super job so far, my friend @gblair. Everything looks nice and neat. Looking forward to the wings attachment!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Excellent result, George @gblair
    Should look amazing with the wings attached.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Real nice work on the Kingfisher George, the basic kit is a great start to improve it from inside out. You have a lot going on with both front and rear interiors looking busy with the enhancements. Looking forward to whats next.

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Spiros (@fiveten), John (@johnb), and Chuck (@uscusn). It is moving slowly, but it has been problem-free, so far.