Porsche 917 Le Mans entry 1971

Started by Rory Wilson · 54 · 11 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

Improving for the best, Rory @rory
    The decals do look perfect on the blue.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year ago:

Thanks for taking a look and your kind comments Spiros @fiveten, George @chinesegeorge and John @johnb. John, the other evening I watched a YouTube video of a Gulf livery 917 running at Spa in an historic event which made me think of you. Simply stunning!

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year ago:

Excellent @Rory, the paint and decal work is top class, its looking fantastic.

• Profile Photo

Hi Anthony, @anthonyricco, thanks for your kind comments. How is your Le Mans project coming along?

• Profile Photo

Hey @Rory, not too well - haha - check out the disaster on my thread - hoping to make it work though.

• Profile Photo

Hi fellow modelers, a quick update on my progress. I have done quite a lot of work on the chassis. I see on the photos a few mould seam lines which I have missed... poor eyes and too much haste I guess! However, I am happy with how it is going together in spite of some of the very flimsy parts. Attached a couple of images. Thanks for stopping by to take a look and happy modeling.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Thats looking really really great @Rory, love it man, nice was on the engine and I really like the extra detailing you've done. great work man.

• Profile Photo

Impressive progress, Rory @rory

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year ago:

Nice work, @rory, love those calipers.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

Lovely work allover, my friend @rory! No worries about the missed seam lines (which, by the way, is the story of my modeling life 🙂), all will look excellent in the end.
    Looking forward to your progress!

• Profile Photo

Thanks for kind comments @fiveten, @johnb, @chinesegeorge and @anthonyricco. I am having a lot of fun. Thanks for stopping by and having a look!

• Profile Photo

Morning All, well, the chassis is 99% complete. One last rear mudguard to fit and I can call it done. Last job to do is clear coat the bodywork and then if all goes well, will be onto final assembly. Happy modeling.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year ago:

Hope the clear coating goes well, @rory.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

Looks wonderful so far, my friend @rory!

• Profile Photo

Great progress, Rory @rory