Porsche 917 Le Mans entry 1971

Started by Rory Wilson · 54 · 10 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year ago:

Nice @Rory, looking good, I love the chipping you added. Hope you clear coat goes well. Cant wait to see it.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year ago:

Thanks @chinesegeorge, @fiveten, @johnb, @anthonyricco for your kind comments. It is much appreciated! Thanks Anthony regarding the chjpping... race cars in general get used and abused and there are always chips and wear mostly on the chassis and cockpit, and some on the outer bead of the wheel rims. Thanks for looking guys and happy modeling. It is sad that most of the other builds on this group seem to be stagnant.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

My Tamiya Porsche 911 GT1 to commence soon, my friend @rory, upon clearing some bench space.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year ago:

Well with one month left - hopefully they will get some life soon.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Morning Ladies and Gentlemen. Well, with the 24 hours running this coming weekend, it is time to complete my Porsche 917 build. The kit went together okay, but a bit of surgery was required to get the windscreen to fit. The wiper is the only fiddly item which has bothered me and is still to be fitted, but I was told it didn't rain in 1971...LOL. Thanks for taking a look and enjoy the race!

10 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Wonderful job, Rory!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

You should just get it in headlines in time, @rory, but you know what those scrutineers are like, they probably won’t let you race without a windscreen wiper.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Thanks for taking a look Spiros @fiveten and George @chinesegeorge. I know scrutineers all too well...LOL

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Absolutely amazing, Rory @rory
    Let's hope the cars next weekend will be as attractive as your Porsche.