1/35 Rye Field Models Tiger I with Interior

Started by Guy Wilde · 6 · 1 month ago
  • Profile Photo
    Guy Wilde said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

I've been plugging away at this kit for over a year now, having at it in fits and starts dancing around other projects. Recently I made good progress and was able to close up the hull. I had hoped to leave the top detachable but it just wouldn't sit right without being glued down, a process that included applying clamps. So this is what I have so far, moving ahead to decals and final painting/weathering.

22 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

That’s an amazing amount of detail, Guy @gzhatsk, it’s a shame that a lot of it will be hidden.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

Amazing job so far, Guy @gzhatsk! Looking forward to your progress! Welcome aboard!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

You entered this modelling community with some impressive work on this Tiger, Guy @gzhatsk
    Beautiful work on the weathering.
    Looking forward to the final result.

• Profile Photo
    Guy Wilde said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Thank you John,
    It's been a long time coming but I'm nearing the end with this one. It was my first full interior kit.

• Profile Photo
    Guy Wilde said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Thank you George!
    Had I given it some forethought I might have been able to make the upper deck detachable. Unfortunately the fit at the rear around the engine deck was not not good enough, I had to use clamps to keep it in place while the glue dried.