Wordbearers Army

Started by Brian Mennenoh · 52 · 9 months ago · 000, Chaos, Space Marine, Warhammer 40, Warhammer 40K
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 10 months, 1 week ago:

I'm starting on a pretty insane project for a good friend. I'll be attempting to speed paint most of these guys and then there are still several more really large models to paint and a knight to build, add LEDs to and paint.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Wow! An awesome project, my friend @brithebuilder! Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Amazing, this is a large and challenging project, Brian @brithebuilder
    I will be following this with great interest.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten - Thanks Spiros, Awesome indeed!
    @johnb - Definitely a biggn' John.

• Profile Photo

I unpacked the rest of the models and made a couple minor repairs, this is the whole shebang. The smaller figures will be 'speed' painted. I'm hoping to be organized enough to be able to go through the entire army one color at a time. It should speed up the process quite a bit. Then the big models will need a bit of individual attention to get them to a level I'm happy delivering.

Citadel miniatures are incredibly overpriced for the amount of plastic you get but their level of detail is quite phenomenal. Fortunately for Citadel, the Warhammer community is incredibly dedicated. I'm glad I just paint them for other people.

All of the smaller dudes have been painted with a darker Red; Word Bearer's Red from Citadel. The tanks and demons haven't been touched. The painted demon in the back corner will be repainted to get some of his details to pop out a bit more.

There's a lot to do...

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Wow, @brithebuilder, this should keep you busy for a while.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 10 months, 1 week ago:

This will be fun to follow, Brian (@brithebuilder). Lots of photos, please. I have always thought the models and figures were really cool, but I just can't get past the price of the vehicles. Now I can do it vicariously.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge - Yeah George, that's for sure. I'm going to try to muscle through it as quickly as I can.
    @gblair - I'm hoping to post a lot of pics daily for the next couple weeks George. Some of these models have incredible details.

• Profile Photo

Indeed, the amount of detail looks impressive, my friend @brithebuilder!

• Profile Photo

The black pauldrons are all complete... I also painted a few of the 'beaks' on the helmets of the Mark 6 Power Armor black for some variety. Next up will be the dark grey in the flexible parts of the joints, i.e. front of the elbow and back of the knee.

• Profile Photo

Great job so far, my friend @brithebuilder! Too many shoulder pads!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Very nice, Brian @brithebuilder
    A lot of paintwork on the way.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, @johnb - Thank you Spiros, Thank you John!

• Profile Photo

A bit more progress... the medium grey is in all the joint spaces, I have also base coated all of the flesh, bone and parchment elements with a color called Rakarth Flesh from Citadel. It is easily modified with layer paints now and or washes.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Coming along nicely, @brithebuilder.