San Diego Model Expo & Swap Meet 2022

Started by Walt · 2 · 1 year ago · B-52, Corsair, Model Contest, Models, San Diego
  • Profile Photo
    Walt said 1 year, 11 months ago:

The local San Diego IPMS club along with the San Diego Model Car Club hold an annual model contest and swap meet. The show is held in the restoration center for the San Diego Aerospace Museum. There were over 300 models at the show, down from last year, but last year was a banner year for any show after the Covid hiatus.

Something showed up that I never thought I would see, a MHP 1/48th B-52H. Not only done but absolutely stunning and beautiful, the finish was beautiful, the build first rate and the presentation very nicely done. On it's base it took up almost 13.5 sqft of table space!

I started taking pictures of the models when I was drafted to judge, so my pictures are limited. In the aircraft category one stand out was a 1/48 scale Corsair, with lots of extra work much of it scratch built. I hope you will enjoy the few pictures I took.

If you are in the Southern California region, this is a pretty good show to go too with some good vendors.

17 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Looks like a great contest, Walt @luftwaffe-birdman
    That B52 is indeed huge, especially when compared with your Natter next to it.