Greetings to all ... again .

Started by DE4EVER · 3 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    DE4EVER said 3 years, 9 months ago:

My last post here was like in the first week of March of this present year, so I would say that a little more than four months and a half has gone by. I tried my best to enjoy some time here, but as many of you know … electrical system here in P.R. is a long sad story. Still is … talks are going on to finally privatize the system ( if you ask me, it should have been done many winds ago ), but hey !, I really do not want to even think of this sad and depressing fact. My niece had the use of my laptop, she is in college, I saw that as a priority for her studies.

The electrical system seems to be working at last … so I do take all the opportunity I have and log in to this forum.

But there is a worry , it is hurricane season here … bummer ! Let's see how this holds out.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Welcome back, sorry that I didn't really notice to be honest. This is a year that has so much going on outside the sanctuary of this site. I find peace here away from the news , pandemics, protests and riots, and ignore the one that spews filth from time to time. Leave it at that. But for the life of me I really hope things are getting better for you, family and Puerto Rico as a whole. It's a mess add the Covid 19 hysteria into the mix and now that really adds to what you are already dealing with. You had a real tragedy, real shortages, no power and over here people acted as if a hurricane (or like here in So Cal an earthquake) was coming and ran the store like nothing I have ever seen before because some people said! And a lot of people reacted to those words. Despite the re-assurances of local governments and the media that the supply line was intact with plenty of goods being re-stocked every night. It's all topsy turvy...here thank God for the most part we have stuck to modeling as a way to keep the mess out of our daily lives and share our passion. Yet with caution. Glad that your good and hope your family is safe. So sorry that I myself did not notice your contributions and comments and wit. They are sorely missed. Hopefully your situation improves and this is the one year for a mild hurricane season if there is such a thing, The year is like a blur, unusual things have happened this year beyond the norm. Then again what is normal anymore...

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Welcome back my friend @de4ever!

It's true that you were missed here, all of a sudden; I remember your nice supportive comments when I joined iModeler early this year.

I am sorry to hear about all those problems wit electricity in your place, hoping to have them addressed.

Totally agreing with my friend Chuck @uscusn above, I have to say that this is a strange year, and, probably, strange times might come.

Thank goodness we have our hobby, a mini personal paradise to reform and reset our minds and souls, so as to cope with everyday's not always smooth reality.

To make a long story short, it's just great to have you back.

Your kindness and support was missed a lot!