I think my pixels are dying....

Started by Craig Abrahamson · 3 · 10 years ago · New TV...?
  • Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I have a Samsung 50" DLP that's about 6-7 years old (it has a lamp that I've replaced a couple times, so I don't know if that makes it a LED or LCD) - anyhow...I've noticed tiny white dots in the upper left hand corner that seem to multiply daily. They sorta look like the 'big dipper' right now. It's not that noticeable except when that area of the screen is dark(er). I assume there's nothing I can do about it other than replace the TV when the dots get so annoying, I can't watch anything any more - but that may be a while, I dunno.

Have any of you ever heard of or experienced such an anomaly and am I correct in assuming it's a irreversible terminal "disease"...?

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Easiest way to sort this is to turn of your T.V. and leave it turned off for about five years 'cos lets face it it's all mind numbing garbage these days, you can probably guess my T.V. repair buisness was a failure.
    Thanks for getting involved with the group build,N.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Aw c'mon, Neil...it ain't ALL garbage. I watch the Military Channel, The History Channel, National Geographic, Science Channel, Discovery...the list goes on and on. I agree, there IS some real trash on (especially those "reality" shows), but there's some good stuff on there as well. By the way, thank YOU for the group build idea - good on ya.