Badger Stynylrez white primer

Started by Clarence Novak · 2 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Clarence Novak said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Say what you may about Tamiya but I have NEVER had any issues with spraying them. Yes they are not right for every application and color across the line... but I am rather tired of trying other newer bands and experiencing issues. Don't ask me about Alclad Gloss Black, the paint that never dries..:) This is the Badger Sty**** (the worst paint name OAT) white primer testing on primed and bare styrene. I know there are a number of reasons that could cause this...BUT I just sprayed their black & grey primers minutes before with identical conditions and they were fine.. I speculating that this last third of the well shaken and properly stored bottle has 'turned'..aka the binder has failed or the ratio or chemistry of same is corrupt? Like many I use this as a primer because of it's ability to cover with light (low build) coats. I have 'heard' that the Ammo white primer is now a repackaged Styny...? Anyone else have this issue with this paint? Thanks

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 4 months ago:

@jagmkx, this looks real bad Clarence. At first I thought that it was because of insufficient shaking but you explained that this was done correctly. I would not expect it to be caused by 'turned' situation. It was well shaken. I'm not a paint/chemist
    expert, but could there have been a difference in temperature, too cold storage for example?