Correct Order of Applying filters, Decals, Washes, Tool Painting.

Started by Scott Acutt · 2 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Scott Acutt said 3 years, 11 months ago:

Hi Guys

I am currently into a build of a panther and after getting the chipping done using chipping fluid instead of hairspray I am now finished with the painting and am stuck at what step to do Next. I want to put an ochre filter over the model to enrich it a little but not sure if I need to satin varnish it first and apply the decals, before doing the filter? Also once the model is satin varnished will I still be able to paint the tools and exhausts etc.

Sorry I am new back into modelling and last time I built a model was in the 90's so all this new stuff has me a bit stumped.

Many thanks

S

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Scott, I do not see all that many replies here. I am sorry to say I know next to nothing to armour, but just wanted to give you a heads-up to go to the relevant sections and check out what people are doing in their build-posts. I've got a lot of great tips on aircraft from the WIP group on that subject, and I'm certain that it will be rewarding to go check out what tips and tricks others bring in their posts.

Hope this has been of some help, and sorry that I was not able to give you some really useable tips. Happy modeling!