1/48 Sopwith Camel Comic, Eduard

Started by Csaba · 49 · 1 day ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 day, 10 hours ago:

Hope you'll sort out the alignment issue, my friend @pikofix.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 day, 1 hour ago:

All looking great, Csaba @pikofix
    For sure you will get the alignment done correctly.

• Profile Photo
    Csaba said 1 day, 1 hour ago:

Thanks for the tips @tcinla - yes, the Camel has a unique wing setup, and probably that’s what is causing this in the jig. The upper wing clicks into the fuselage struts, but the outer struts seems to be short. The anhedral can explain it, and I could actually see this on the wing when I looked at the model from sideways. I think you are right, I need to start with the fuselage struts and then get the outer ones into their correct positions, maybe by using a tape or rubber band until the glue sets. I don’t like using CA glue on biplanes, because I am afraid of misaligning the wings. CA sets quite quickly and I like to have a little bit of time to get the correct setup. That’s why I keep using good old Tamiya extra thin cement and a jig. Maybe I make my own life too complicated… 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Csaba said 1 day, 1 hour ago:

@j-healy @fiveten @johnb Thanks guys, I will definitely get it done, but yesterday late evening was not the best time for that. Lesson learned, do the critical steps of biplane builds on a calm weekend, after a good, long sleep.