Breguet 14 B2, 1:48, Fly

Started by Milan Tesař · 6 · 14 hours ago
  • Profile Photo
    Milan Tesař said 1 day, 12 hours ago:

I have been waiting a long time for a quality version of the Breguet 14 kit. So when Fly released this kit, I couldn't get into this build after a short period of time.

At first glance, the very beautiful looking kit has a few snags. There are plenty of parts in the box to build three versions, but this one only allows you to build two bomber versions. (for other versions it is necessary to purchase other boxes, which the company Fly also offers). The kit has a very beautiful surface of the wings and fuselage, depicting a realistic fabric covering. However, the small parts are very rough with large burrs. Therefore, I had to use practically all small parts, especially the cockpit, of my own production. The dashboard looked like it was made of Lego.

On the other hand, the engine is very nice and detailed, but unfortunately it won't be visible at all. However, in the kit which is supposed to represent the bomber version, there is a fuselage for the observation version and this was another problem as the moldings are of very hard plastic which tends to split when removed from the frames. So I had to cut the side windows into both halves of the fuselage to build the bomber version presented by the kit, which was quite a frustrating job. When it's done, you'll be able to judge for yourself how it went. If I can compare, the older kit from Hi-Tech makes a slightly better impression on me. The Fly kit has a better surface, building instructions and engine, while Hi-Tech has details.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 1 day, 11 hours ago:

Looks like a nice kit, Milan. I didn’t realize why some of these had observers windows and some didn’t. Thanks for explaining. I have Hi-Tech and Aurora Breguet kits in my stash. I’ll be following your progress on this one.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 day, 10 hours ago:

Excellent entry, my friend @milantesar!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 day, 10 hours ago:

A great entry and ditto start, Milan @milantesar

• Profile Photo
    Milan Tesař said 1 day, 7 hours ago:

I also have one from Hi-Tech and I still have to build it in the future. Then I will be able to compare better.

• Profile Photo
    IAN Convey said 14 hours, 15 minutes ago:

Nice looking work so far Milan, shall follow this build with interest.