Bristol M.1C 1/32

Started by IAN Convey · 49 · 2 weeks ago
  • Profile Photo
    IAN Convey said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

Painting done and decals applied, the large wing roundels were a bloody nightmare, they are very thin and broke apart in several places resulting in touching up with a paint brush. Now for the rigging, mainly .2mm monofilament with some .2Modelkasten for the tail and under carriage. The Modelkasten is great stuff for rigging with minimum stretch but very hard to obtain, I am almost out of it.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

Excellent decal job, great save on those brittle decals, my friend @firelockg! The Modelkasten product sounds super.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

Despite the decal nightmare, they turned out really nice, Ian @firelockg

• Profile Photo
    IAN Convey said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

John, I must admit I am no expert with decals ,fragile ones always break on me, but am getting better at covering the mistakes with a paint brush.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

I can't tell that there were any decal problems, Ian (@firelockg). Everything looks great. I always worry about decals because they come at the end of a build and problems can sometimes be catastrophic and hard to fix. You managed to fix your decal problems perfectly.

• Profile Photo
    IAN Convey said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Your right George, the scary decal bit is at the end, although its always followed by rigging, which I don't mind, but frightens allot of folk.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Hi, Ian (@firelockg). I have successfully avoided biplanes for the 60 years because I didn't want to deal with the flying wires. The plane I am getting ready to build for the group will be my first.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Ian
    You have done a spectacular job with saving the decals. Like George said, we can’t tell you had a problem.

By the looks of things you are about to get busy with the rigging now. I’m looking forward to seeing how you go about this part of the project.

Keep it going !

Looks great and it’s not even done yet.

• Profile Photo

George,
    the scariest part of biplanes as I see it is getting the top wing on square and even, rigging just takes time.
    Louis,
    Rigging all done , the project is complete. Turned out well, additions included plastic replaced with metal tubes on undercarriage, bungee cord on same, "Plusmodel" vickers machine gun fitted ( I like the "gaspatch" versions better but hard to get.)
    As you can see I like to finish my A/C in a "used" condition .

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

This one turned out really nice, Ian @firelockg
    You did a great job in making it look like a used one.
    Well done.

• Profile Photo

Thank you John, much appreciated.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 weeks, 3 days ago:

An absolute gem, my friend @firelockg!

• Profile Photo
    IAN Convey said 3 weeks, 3 days ago:

Thanks Spiros.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 weeks, 6 days ago:

IAN Convey (@firelockg)
    Wow ! This has turned out to be a real beauty ! Love it ... The rigging looks great too.

It should be in the headlines section soon by the looks of things.

Well done my friend.

• Profile Photo
    IAN Convey said 2 weeks, 6 days ago:

Thanks Louis, shall post in headlines tonight.