Ehrhardt E-V/4, 1/35, Copper State Models

Started by Juan Ravizzoli · 12 · 1 week ago · Ehrhardt E-V/4, WWI
  • Profile Photo
    Juan Ravizzoli said 4 weeks, 1 day ago:

Greetings to all the members of the group.

I found the subject matter of the group very interesting, so I decided to join and show you the project I have just started.

The kit in question is the Ehrhardt E-V/4 model 1917, from Copper State Models, in 1/35 scale. It is one of the few armored vehicles built by Germany during WWI, as a good amount of the armored vehicles used by Germany were captured models.

A little more than 50 were built, and they were built on the chassis of a Daimler truck.

Regarding the kit, it is not CSM's best. I have built the Lancia and the Minerva, and found them to be very high quality kits, with a very good level of detail. I also have the Garford-Putilov, and while it is still in its box, I found it to be more than adequately detailed.

Unfortunately the Ehrhardt has a lot of simplified detail (see in the photos how the exhaust pipe is depicted), a lot of ejector marks to remove and hide, and virtually no interior. On the plus side, the kit has a very good fit of the parts and the overall dimensions are correct.

I hope you like it, and as I progress with the kit, I will show new pictures.

Greetings to all!

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 weeks, 1 day ago:

Welcome to the group, Juan (@juanravi73). I am looking forward to your build. I am building the Garford-Putilov for the group and I really like it. It will be fun watching yours come together.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 weeks, 1 day ago:

Juan Ravizzoli (@juanravi73)
    Like our good friend George said, welcome to the group. I am happy to see that you have accepted the invitation and started this build journal. This is a model and subject that I didn't even know existed. I will look forward to watching your posts.

Thanks again.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 weeks, 1 day ago:

Welcome to the group, my friend @juanravi73! Excellent subject chosen! Yes, the kit looks simplified, but with your excellent skills an excellent result will emerge. Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 weeks, 1 day ago:

A nice subject to add to this group, Juan @juanravi73
    I'm sure you will turn this simplified kit into a great looking vehicle.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 4 weeks ago:

Excellent choice, Juan. I’ve considered building one of those as a Freikorps example.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

Brilliant subject, and I am sure you will make it come to life beautifully @juanravi73 Juan!

• Profile Photo
    Juan Ravizzoli said 2 weeks, 3 days ago:

Greetings to the forum members.

Moving forward with the kit, finished with the basic construction of the side panels and checked the fit of the parts. From the looks of it, the fit of the parts is very good and I don't think it is necessary to use putty. From now on, I have to continue with the detailing of the interior. The front half will be detailed, since it is the part visible from the front door, which will be left open.

I hope you like it, and any criticism and advice are welcome.

Greetings!

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 weeks, 3 days ago:

Super job so far, my friend @juanravi73!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 weeks, 2 days ago:

Excellent progress, Juan @juanravi73

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 1 week, 5 days ago:

Shaping up beautifully, Juan @juanravi73

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 week, 5 days ago:

The exterior detail looks really nice, Juan @juanravi73. I just finished an armoured car from Copperstate, and was really pleased with how it came out. Looking forward to the rest of your build.