Lanoe Hawker Bristol Scout type C (Copper State) and Manfred von Richthofen Albatros DV (WNW) 1/32

Started by Paul Barber · 5 · 4 days ago
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Have been thinking about an aircraft project to span the Great War build, for a while now. My mind was made up by the arrival of two beautifully made wooden props from Alexei Belov (Proper Plane, Kyiv).

These have been a year in the making, and I have been hanging on waiting for them to arrive.

I will build 2 planes by two famous aces whose fates were entwined during the Great War. Lanoe Hawker was killed after a dogfight with Manfred Von Richthofen. Both were highly decorated pilots.

Neither of the planes I will build were involved in that duel - I may return to that theme later.

I have a number of decals and aftermarket parts already in the boxes for these two. So will start in the coming weeks!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Fantastic entries, my friend @yellow10! Looking forward to them!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Very nice entries, Paul @yellow10
    Those propellers do look superb.

• Profile Photo
    IAN Convey said 4 days, 23 hours ago:

Shall be following this build closely Paul, have the CSM Bristol scout in the stash so will see if I can get some pointers. What are the after market bits for the Bristol, I see an instrument panel, but cannot make out the brand. I guess that the Aviattic linen effect decals are for the Bristol as well.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 days, 21 hours ago:

I had no idea so much extra stuff was available for models of these early planes, Paul @yellow10. You have picked out some really cool planes to build and I am looking forward to following along.