Spad S.XIII 1:72 Eduard

Started by Csaba · 3 · 8 hours ago
  • Profile Photo
    Csaba said 9 hours, 23 minutes ago:

A blast from the past - Eduard´s dual combo Spad S.XIII, released in 2007. I got this from a friend, around 2009. As I recall, I helped him out when his compressor got broken, and he gave me this as exchange. One model was already built and the tiny photoetch sheet was missing, but the plastic parts of the second model are still in their factory sealed bag. A real time capsule!

The model is nice, but it shows its age, the details are not as sharp as on today´s kits. I know that the nose section needs a little bit of attention, but otherwise it should be a problem free build. A few modelers inserted a plastic sheet between the two fuselage halves at the nose to solve this issue. (my friend also made notes on the instruction booklet, "Something is really wrong here" and "S**load lot of sanding here")

Hopefully the decals are still working, and luckily I have three versions to choose from. I will test the decals of one these before the build starts.
    Rigging will be challenging, because the plane is tiny. I mean, really, really tiny. The Eduard 1:48 scale Camel I am working on currently is comparable to a 1:72 scale Po-2, and this Spad is nearly half of the Polikarpov´s size.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 8 hours, 59 minutes ago:

Looks like a great kit, Csaba @pikofix
    A bi-plane in this scale is quite a challenge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 8 hours, 10 minutes ago:

Excellent entry, my friend @pikofix! Looking forward to it!