BMPT Terminator (Zvezda, 1:72)

Started by Sebastijan Videc · 34 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Sebastijan Videc said 1 year, 5 months ago:

As I love constantly challenging my abilities and as I've become almost obsessed with Uncle Nightshift's Youtube videos, I've decided to try myself building an armor kit with a simple base. I am mostly interested in modern armor so I've picked up Zvezda's BMPT Terminator heavy support vehicle, mostly intended to support main battle tanks in urban and mountain warfare with its diverse array of weapons ranging from trusted high rate of fire 30mm 2A42 autocannons to the 40mm grenade launchers and Ataka-T guided missiles and higher depression and elevation of the cannons compared to other armor units.

Zvezda kit represents Terminator from the late 1990's/early 2000's and differs considerably from the "Terminator-2", which later entered service with Russian Army. However, Kazakhstan uses this configuration.

To the build:
    The kit so far goes very nice together and I understand the appeal of building armor. The kit goes very nicely together and I've managed to assemble the upper hull and the turret in just a couple of evenings of easy modelling. I must admit I am really looking forward to the rest of the build.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Amazing entry and great progress already, my friend @inflames!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Of to a great start, Sebastijan @inflames
    Looking forward to it.

• Profile Photo

Thanks guys! Not a lot of time over the weekend, but some progress was made nonetheless... Lower hull finished and painted in basic green while the wheels got slight chips into the rubber surface and were painted... Can't wait to try some weathering next!

Tracks were painted in grey and given some washes and mud treatment - not yet satisified with the end result, but I like the way this is going, so I'll play with them a little bit more.

• Profile Photo

Still dome great progress, my friend @inflames! The tracks look nice already!

• Profile Photo

Looks great to me as well, Sebastijan @inflames
    What did you use to create the mud effect.

• Profile Photo

Thanks guys! @johnb I've used Ammo of Mig Mud Splashes - anything from dry, damp and wet mud effects.

• Profile Photo

Heavily inspired by Martin Kovac's work on Youtube, I have tried to recreate various mud, dust and debris (grass and leaves) effects on the side of the chassis. I really like how it turned out but as this is more than not a test armor subject for various techniques, most of this will be hidden by the design itself. But hey, new lessons and techniques learned for the future builds!

• Profile Photo

If this is a test, I can only imagine the superb final result, my friend @inflames! Fantastic weathering technique, you will make it even better!

• Profile Photo

The testing turns out to be very succesfull, Sebastijan @inflames
    This will be an amazing result.

• Profile Photo

Thanks guys! I really like how she's turning out. Being such an easy build, I managed to build most of the components together and prime it with Mr.Surfacer 1500 Black over the weekend.

• Profile Photo

Looks great so far, my friend @inflames!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Looking great and nicely primered, Sebastijan @inflames

• Profile Photo
    Sebastijan Videc said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Thanks, guys!

• Profile Photo
    Sebastijan Videc said 1 year, 4 months ago:

3-tone camouflage painted - a really tough job freehand in 1:72 scale but good paints (MR. Paint) and good airbrush (Harder & Steenbeck Airbrush) make life easier. I will be tightening the paintjob a little bit until the next time and also applying a filter as the sand is a bit too cold for my taste.