German Pontoon Bridge in 1:35 (Scratchbuild)

Started by Michel Verschuere · 30 · 5 months ago · 1/35, Bridge, Pontoon, Wehrmacht, WWII
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looking superb indeed, my friend @michel-verschuere! Indeed, a demanding attempt, but a rewarding one!

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

Safety first: Some buoys in the making on my vintage 3D printer 😉

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looking great, my friend @michel-verschuere!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

Some more serious scratch modelling, Michel @michel-verschuere

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

Fantastic work, @michel-verschuere, I hope those buoys float.

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

Back from the holidays! I sterted adding some freight for the pontoon bridge in the form of a Kfz. 15 radio car by Bronco. The kit number is #35182 and - typical for the brand - it features incredible detail...

This is not my first encounter with Bronco, I built a GAZ 69 some years ago for my East German endavour...

Germany: Sixty years of division, 1:35 Scratchbuild
    If you wanna build a replica of the Kfz. 15 you basically have a resin option or an older Italeri kit. The latter is of course in styrene but much more basic in detail than the Bronco kit. In trying to understand the kit, I came up with the following theory: - The chassis frame is a model in the model - Added to that is an engine offering high detail also a model in the model - Then there is the suspension, which basically is a model in a model of a model... That's basically it. Part count is 200 of a 400 part model, not to mention the dose of PE. I did cut some corners on parts smaller than 1.0x1.0x0.5 mm I must admit. Hope you like it! Michel.
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

That looks like a very nice kit, Michel @michel-verschuere
    Lots of details.
    Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

• Profile Photo

Bedankt @johnb ja het was echt goed, behalve het weer soms maar ja, dan kan je altijd wat bouwen!

• Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

Michel @michel-verschuere
    I'm glad I saw this build. I like watching your scratch building projects and this one looks to be a great one to follow. Looking really, really nice Michel. The pontoons and bridge are masterpieces and looking like the real things. Well done!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Gary, glad you like it! I will keep building and posting. As they say: Motivation starts a project, discipline keeps it going! @gwskat

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

A great kit indeed, my friend @michel-verschuere!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

That radio car is going to be another model within a model @michel-verschuere.

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 5 months, 1 week ago:

The engine to this model is a model in a model. Over the past few months I continued this build slowly. The amount of detail in the kit is absolutely fascinating however. Here some shots from the engine bay.

I refrained from adding the most detailed fiddly bits that would not be visible in the end result. You would think you can hop in to this Horch and drive off...

Will keep you posted on my progress, I am slow but just too much else going on for now...

Happy modeling!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 1 week ago:

The details look amazing, my friend @michel-verschuere!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months, 1 week ago:

Impressive details indeed, Michel @michel-verschuere
    Hopefully you will present it with the engine cover open.