T-64 with KMT-7 Mine Roller in Ukrainian Service (2023)

Started by Michel Verschuere · 3 · 1 month ago · KMT-7, Mine Rollers, Pine Tree, T-64, Ukraine
  • Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

I came across this picture of a T-64 tank with a KMT-7 mine roller.

I thought it actually presented an interesting topic that is also very much in the news. I generally support Ukraine, both refugees here in my home town and in the digital world.

The kit is Trumpeter #05522 (T-64 BV Mod 1985), the KMT-7 is MiniArt's #37070 the latter being a Ukrainian company!

I started this project in November, building the KMT-7 mine roller. There is a lot of detail in the MiniArt kit so I built it OOB mostly, bashing only for the chains and some wire add-ons on the surface instead of the styrene in the kit.

The tank was started over the X-mas holidays. I am building but my Job and young family demand a lot of my time, whence my - to my norms - slower progress. The tree was built out of a dowel, 0.2mm florist wire and plumbers chord; It constitutes a kit in its own. The tree took me about 10 hours of work but I am happy with the result. The composition of the dio is well fitting I find.

There were no decals in the kit, so - also based on action pictures - I painted the Ukrainian colors myself, as well as the "cross" ensign you see on Ukrainian tanks. After all, both russian and Ukrainian tank fleets are similar, so some distinction is to be made.

These are some quick pictures, I will take better ones when this project is finished.

Happy Modeling!

Michel.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

This is a wonderful diorama, Michel @michel-verschuere
    The tank, the mine roller as well as the tree, all look superb.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Fantastic diorama, my friend @michel-verschuere!