Tamiya 1/35 Panther Ausf. A

Started by Jordyn Collier · 10 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jordyn Collier said 4 years ago:

Hoo boy. Quarantine has my school cancelled now. No more school for the rest of the year, just online stuff. So, I now have a lot of free time on my hands to build! Next up, I'm going to build this tamiya Panther, a gift from Gary. I dont exactly know how this is going to turn out, but I have a lot of inspiration to work with for this one. Unfortunately, my paint supplies are running low, and I didnt stock up like some people, so I'm going to have to paint with what I've got.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

And to add on to my previous incomplete builds, my lack of paint is why they are not yet done, so once this all blows over, I can paint them all.

• Profile Photo

Made a start on the hull and wheels. Boy theres a whole bunch of them. You may notice the holes on the right side running gear? This kit shows its age with it. I couldn't for the life of my get those road wheels to fit on those pegs, but after some research, I found that it was a common error in the model. I ended up just trimming them off so I didnt have to sand a whole bunch, haha. The panther used to be my least favorite of the German tanks, but now it's really growing on me, and I've decided it's my third favorite tank of all time. Second being the Sherman, and first being the Bob Semple.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

I got most of the turret and upper hull done. I am planning on doing this one knocked out, and there will be a story to go with it. I dont know how I'll do it quite yet though. That's why I have the references I have. But, I am having fun with this. I think I need to do more tanks lol.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

I decided to attempt some battle damage. I am not happy with the wheels, as I now realize how unrealistic that is, so they are subject to massive change next update. I've also got some small arms fire, shell bounces, etc. I even tried to add armor texture on the turret. This process will be my first real wrecked tank, and I hope it turns out right.

• Profile Photo

I got it painted. Well, I dont like some of this, so it will change by the next time you see it. Also, I'll be doing some weathering attempts on this. I also need to scratch build suspension arms and such. Well, that's this update. Oh, and I'm going to also replace the barrel back onto it. I dont like this look.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Jordyn Collier said 3 years, 11 months ago:

Screw it. I'm making a diorama. I think it's cool so far. We will see. I have to finish putting bricks on the road, building a wall, etc. It should be fun.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 11 months ago:

Great to make do with what you have and re-visit later when re-stocked. Happy modeling!

• Profile Photo
    Jordyn Collier said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Hmmmmmmmmm...

• Profile Photo
    Jordyn Collier said 3 years, 8 months ago:

It has been a long while since I've posted anything here. Sorry. But, I've decided to completely rework my panther. I've learned a whole lot since I've done the start of this build, the zimmerit, and base, so here I go. I'm going to attempt an Ersatz M-10. How? I dont know. Why? Because it's a subject I dont see a lot of. When? Soon. I really want to get started on it. It will make me feel better about my mistakes because I can hide a lot of them lol. Well, good day to you guys.