UAZ 3909 from Zvezda, 1/35

Started by Juan Ravizzoli · 3 · 5 months ago · UAZ 3909
  • Profile Photo
    Juan Ravizzoli said 5 months ago:

Greetings to the members of the forum.

This time I want to show you one of the last kits under construction.

It is the UAZ 3909 van, from Zvezda, in 1/35 scale.

The reality is that I was surprised by the quality of the kit, comparing it with the Zvezda kits of some decades ago.

The level of detail is very good, and even better is the fit of the parts. I only had to scratch complete some details of the rear cargo box and a handle on the front doors.

If I have to criticize the kit, it's the transparent parts. They are made of a very soft plastic, they scratch easily and become opaque when in contact with alcohol or thinner.

Another detail to take into account is that, for reasons unknown to me, the rear bumper support does not appear in the kit. According to the instructions, they are part of the chassis spars, but these end abruptly, without the bracket. I had to scratch build them (see the last two pictures).

Another detail to take into account is the engine grille. There are two options: solid or openwork, to fit a grille... but the kit does not come with a grille.

When I finish with the painting phase, I'll show you the finished kit.

I hope you like it and greetings to all.

18 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months ago:

Excellent entry and ditto progress, my friend @juanravi73! Looking forward to seeing it finished!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months ago:

Thanks for adding this beautiful little van in this thread, Juan @juanravi73
    You have been doing an amazing job already.
    Definitely going to follow your progress.