1/16 Alfa Romeo 1600 Scarabeo

Started by Anthony Ricco · 21 · 6 months ago · 1/16, Alfa, car, prototype, Romeo, Scarabeo, vehicle
  • Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 8 months ago:

My next project is this prototype Alfa Romeo 1600 Scarabeo. My first 1/16 car, and an interesting one - from Bandai of all manufacturers. Hope it's a little better than the last car I built.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 8 months ago:

Looks very interesting, @anthonyricco, never seen this kit before.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 8 months ago:

Never seen this kit either, my friend @anthonyricco! And, to my shame, knew nothing about this prototype (and I live close to Italy!)!
    Really looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 8 months ago:

Interesting indeed, Anthony @anthonyricco
    Never seen this car before, but it looks great.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 8 months ago:

Thanks a lot @chinesegeorge, @fiveten and @johnb - yes a rather interesting vehicle, not one I knew of before I found this model.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 6 months, 1 week ago:

Some work done on the Scarabeo - Quite a bit actually - here is some of the engine work.

• Profile Photo

I then had a long delay waiting for new paints when I messed up the spray work, not sure if something was wrong with the can but it came out so thick and fast and made some bad runs, so I had to sand it down and respray it.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Some more work on the engine, some detail and wiring and plumbing added in

• Profile Photo

Finally the colour arrived and I could respray the car. Body looking a lot better.

• Profile Photo

Work done on the rear suspension.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Trying to replicate new black leather - not going so well - if anyone has any tips they are welcome.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months, 1 week ago:

Excellent progress, my friend @anthonyricco! Cannot say a lot about replicating black leather. How about adding some clear red into the black 🤔

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 6 months, 1 week ago:

@anthonyricco - Nice work Anthony. Engine looks great and the paint seems to be buttery smooth now.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 6 months, 1 week ago:

Lots of good work here, @anthonyricco, as for the seats, they look to have a nice texture, I would just give them a quick spray with semi-gloss black and perhaps a little buffing with a soft cloth afterwards.

• Profile Photo

Thanks so much Spiros @fiveten - adding some colour into it may help - maybe a blue though? I'll have to test that.