1/24 Alpha Model Ferrari SF90 Stradale

Started by Anthony Ricco · 22 · 2 months ago · 1/24, alpha model, car, Ferrari, sf90, stradale
  • Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Hey all this is my build log of the unbelievably detailed Alpha model Ferrari SF90 Stradale, this is a really unbelievable resin cast model kit or a beautiful car, hope I can do it justice

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

This is a beautiful car, Anthony, but the kit is way too expensive in my opinion, looking forward to watching your build.

• Profile Photo
    John aitken said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Beautiful..expensive yes..but nobody gets rich making small run kits . It’s not exactly supply and demand, more that cost to produce quality is high..this brand makes exquisite models.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Fantastic entry, my friend @anthonyricco! Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Great entry of what seems to be a wonderful kit, Anthony @anthonyricco
    This is definitely going to be a wonderful build.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge - they are pricey but the quality is incredible. And the detail and the extras, if you bought a plastic kit with a transkit or a upgrade kit it would be a similar price.

• Profile Photo

Hi @johnaitken - you are right - these guys don't have the resources to produce the amount of plastic kits like the big companies but their quality is on par and better - in order to stay open the prices are a bit higher - but like you said they can do kits that you won't find the other companies doing.

• Profile Photo

To show the detail look at the dash here - and this is the engine parts all mocked up without paint. really detailed and accurate.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

This is seriously detailed, Anthony @anthonyricco

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Fantastic details, my friend @anthonyricco! A really super kit!

• Profile Photo
    John aitken said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

How is the parts fit? Detail is obviously amazing..but larger resin bits often cure such that fit goes awry

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

@johnaitken the fit has been fantastic so far, can't complain about anything on it.

• Profile Photo

So engine parts painted up and ready to go in - looks so beautiful but such a pity you can't see much of it.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

One thing that is really nice that I think the other manufacturers should adopt is that the PE parts are sandwiched between two pieces of sticky thick plastic so they don't get damaged. And if you look closely the PE with the blue plastic over it has the fret with the parts in place but they aren't joined to the fret they are freestanding so there is no cutting and cleaning needed - amazing quality.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Hi Anthony @anthonyricco, I see that Tamiya have deleted all their Ferrari models from their catalogue, do Alpha Models have a license from Ferrari to make these models?