LeMans 1978 french winner

Started by olivier.rive · 18 · 9 years ago · le mans 24 hours alpine renault tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    olivier.rive said 9 years, 5 months ago:

hello,

After the failures of 1975 and 1976, Renault decided to focus on the 24 hours. In 1977, four A 442 are initially but none manage to reach the finish. No doubt, the A442 is an excellent car, but the fragile engine.
    In 1978 Renault has the means to win: he brings a tray A443, an A442B and two A442A. He has conducted extensive trials to build engines and gearboxes
    From the start, the Alpine fly. Three cars are installed to the command, and Porsche, burdened with technical problems , the Porsche No. 6 will disrupt the serenity of the Alpine team, but they retain the advantage. The final ranking thus gives 5 laps ahead of the A442B 2 wins over 210km / h average,
    Renault decided not to put his title and set a new goal to win in Formula 1 with turbo engine.

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 5 months ago:

This should be a bright one Olivier.

• Profile Photo

It's an old kit like the Porsche 936 ! but good quality...
    before paint :

a+

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Good luck with that one, Olivier. Your collection will get another stunner !

• Profile Photo
    Richard Mcstay said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Straight back with another one! I like your style! I'm itching to crack on with my Mclaren but I can't do anything for another week till I'm home.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Looking bright already Olivier.
    What mix did you use on the body?
    Have got a Ferrari to paint later.

• Profile Photo

It certainly is yellow. If your kit is as old as I think it is you better seal those decals before they hit water.

• Profile Photo
    Bryan W. Bernart said 9 years, 5 months ago:

This ought to be a stunner. Keep going!

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Looking good Olivier, I''m with Al about the Tamiya decals, for a while even their brand new sheets shattered.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Another classic, Olivier, I remember building this when it first came out, but I don't recall any problems with the decals (they were new then!).
    I'd love to build models of the current Le Mans cars, Porsche, Audi, etc, these hybrid cars look fantastic.

• Profile Photo

easy and fast to build. paint : Tamiya , micromesh and Klir

engine view...lol

a+

• Profile Photo

yes George mee too ! but my wife is not agree with the price of these resin kit ! 908 or Audi R18 :
    http://www.profil24-models.com/model-kits-modeles-reduits/fr/gamme-au-1-24e/21-audi-r18-n1-2-3-le-mans-2011.html
    snifff...

and 908 building !
    http://www.forum-auto.com/automobile-pratique/modelisme-modeles-reduits/sujet8561.htm

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Looks simply beautiful, Olivier.
    Wishes, well...

• Profile Photo

I have an Studio 27 Audi alligator car, can't remember the model #, that I started & put on the shelf. Your right about the expense of these resin kits. Priced too high to start & put on the shelf which is a normal practice for me.
    This build is progressing nicely. Done next week?

• Profile Photo

yes , it's Holiday for me !