LeMans 1999

Started by olivier.rive · 23 · 9 years ago · toyota gt-one lemans ts020
  • Profile Photo
    olivier.rive said 9 years, 4 months ago:

[

The Toyota GT-One, also known as Toyota TS020 in Japan, was developed by the french engineer André de Cortanze ,to compete in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1998 and 1999, the GT-One it was noted for its performance but failed to win the final victory.
    The car made its first appearance at Le Mans 98, the crew Boutsen / Collard / Hélary was second to the last hour, when it was forced to retire with transmission problems.

2 and June 13, 1999: 67th Le Mans 24 Hours

Satisfied with his demonstration last year, Porsche did not return, but there still plethora of major manufacturers and Audi plans to engage in the period at Le Mans
    The tests are brands by the flight of Mark Webber who offers a scare between Mulsanne and Indianapolis His Mercedes 4 offloads ahead and flies away, fortunately without injury to the pilot. Saturday morning, during the warm-up, the same Mark Webber knows the same fate, this time after Mulsanne. He pulls again declare adventure. Toyota monopolize the front row of the grid, Martin Brundle on the No. 1 having realized 3'29 "930.
    race:
    From the outset between Mercedes, Toyota and BMW it's a battle of titans, leading the changes succeed.
    And at 20:47, Mercedes again creates the event. On the big screens scattered around the circuit, we see the No. 5 soar ! where Mark Webber had experienced its first alert. The car touches the treetops, and falls heavily into the woods. Driver unscathed. Neutralization of half an hour will follow, and this time Mercedes will decide - at last - to withdraw the third car.
    In head, mano a mano continues between Toyota and BMW now.
    At 10:33 p.m., the Toyota 1 tape at the first chicane and gives up. Then at 3:08 the # 2 Porsche hangs at the entrance of the Dunlop curve and violent fate. The pace car will come out in 1:10.
    At mid-race, the BMW No. 17 leads to the No. 15. Following a failure of suspension, 17 out of the track and give up. The No. 15 takes over, but the Toyota No. 3 is not far. She whip, and an hour from the finish the gap between the first two is less than a minute ! But a blowout break the momentum of the Japanese and freezes the ranking. BMW triumph before the Toyota # 3.

the kit:
    Released in 2000 by Tamiya is all beauty! clusters (white and black chrome) are molded in a plastic soft enough. Everything is provided including masks. A must for fans of Le Mans cars.

• Profile Photo
    Richard Mcstay said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Nice mate. I would like this car in my collection also!

• Profile Photo

First stages ... no difficulty ! modern Tamiya !

Front section:

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 4 months ago:

You work fast Olivier.
    Damn good though.

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 4 months ago:

As Simon said, you are very fast with a great result, Can t wait to see the end result

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years, 4 months ago:

I own a Toyota now, but it doesn't look much like this one! Sure to be another winner, Olivier,

• Profile Photo

Sorry for you George if you don't have a road version of the GT One ! lol
    Black painted parts

the inside of the bodywork is painted, and test for the engine place

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Good progress. These GTs really have a character of their own.

• Profile Photo

white paint...

• Profile Photo
    Bryan W. Bernart said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Looks great so far, can't wait for the big finish!

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 4 months ago:

At the rate you build I expect to see this on Headlines in 24 hours.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Those Tamiya kits are superb...I know this one'll be a beauty!

• Profile Photo

thanks to all,
    Overview with wheels

red / red / red / varnish ... Unmasking ... there will be a few changes to the white ...

see you next year ...

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Moving along Olivier. What paints are you using?

• Profile Photo

Tamiya XF2 for white and XF 7 for red...i use Gunze H30 for varnish and micromesh