Subaru Impreza WRC '99

Started by Evelynn paula gibson · 5 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Evelynn paula gibson said 5 years, 1 month ago:

So here goes my first attempt at a model!

All the parts are in a blue plastic, which I have started to remove from the sprues and tidy up. I then airbrushed pure alcohol onto the parts to remove the grease and primed them in gloss black.

I finished the parts with aluminium and chrome to get a metallic effect.

I have learnt a few other techniques such as brush painting and dry brushing to bring out the details. I finished the parts with a gloss varnish and used a diluted smoke wash to get into the recesses. I'm using PVA glue on painted parts so the paint work does not get damaged.

And finally for now, the wheels have been painted gold. 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Your FIRST model, Evelynn...? A good thing I don't have photos of MY first one - I'd be ashamed to post 'em next to yours! Outstanding job.

• Profile Photo

Thanks very much Craig. Though I don't think it would look like that if I didn't have Richard teaching me...

• Profile Photo

I've made a bit more progress on my car. The wheels and brake discs are now on so I can start on the interior next. I used alclad paints to simulate the heat staining on the exhaust pipe. The instructions call for the exhaust to be painted white but I chose a bare metal finish instead.

And to finish for now, a quick test fit of the shell.

• Profile Photo
    Gavin Snowdon said 5 years ago:

Wow, nice work! Looking good all the way!