Trick Star Kawasaki H2R Ninja

Started by George Williams · 21 · 1 year ago · 1/12, Kawasaki H2R, Tamiya, Trick Star
  • Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 7 months ago:

I saw these pictures on the internet and couldn’t resist.

More to follow, happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Irresistible indeed, my friend @chinesegeorge!

• Profile Photo

Thanks, Spiros @fiveten, I can resist anything but temptation. I’m not surely exactly who or what Trick Star is, they seem to be either a Japanese all girl pop group or a racing team.

• Profile Photo

Hi Rory @rory, I set up this new topic today using that walk round I emailed you and it worked OK.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Great subject George! I will give the walk around a try a bit later, although I am doing it from my laptop.

• Profile Photo

Trick Star seemed to have made the Ninja even more Ninja and even more Kawasaki, my friend @chinesegeorge! Not an extremely easy thing these days of lookalikes.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 7 months ago:

This is a real attractive bike, George @chinesegeorge. Looking forward to this one.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for your interest, guys, Spiros @fiveten, John @johnb, and Rory @rory. So, what do we have so far? The Tamiya kit,

a set of carbon fibre transfers

but still waiting for the Trick Star markings

I’m not planning to a detailed WIP on this as it’s already been done by Harry Brogan and Richard McStay, the only real difference will be the Trick Star colour scheme.

As an aside, the staff at George’s Motorcycles had an outing to celebrate the National Day holiday last weekend.

More to come, thanks for looking, and happy modelling.

• Profile Photo

Quite a lot of carbon transfers, my friend @chinesegeorge!
    The outing looks to have been a pure success!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Nice set to make this a great build, Goerge @chinesegeorge
    Seems like you had a great day out with your family.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Nice colour scheme George. As Spiros said, a lot of carbon decals to apply, but will make a great looking model! Contnue the good work and looking forward to the progress.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Thanks Spiros @fiveten, John @johnb, and Rory @rory. After the outing and holiday work has started on the Ninja. Pages 2 and 3 of the instructions concern the construction of the engine,

which is then fitted into the frame on page 4.

The engine was painted in accordance with Tamiya’s call outs, and the frame sprayed Candy Lime Green. Here’s what they look like.

Next up is the assembly of the rear swing arm, chain, and rear wheel and brake.

Thanks for looking and happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Looking gorgeous already, my friend @chinesegeorge!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Really great engine, George @chinesegeorge
    The lime green came out beautiful as well.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Like I said I’m not going into too many details on this build. Next step is the rear swing arm, brake, chain, and rear wheel assembly.

The chain has been finished in titanium gold. The rear wheel has the characteristic Kawasaki green stripes inside the rim and silver spokes. As this is a track bike the kit comes with slick tyres which I’ve scuffed up a little. Next is the exhaust. Thanks for looking and happy modelling.